cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with Pandora in Your Vehicle

WindowKing
Local Performer

Hello. I am from Wisconsin and I am wondering how well Pandora works in moving cars? I listen to Pandora all day in the office but I am thinking of removing Sirius radio and replacing it with Pandora in my truck. I am in sales and do alot of travelling. Also, I do not know what else is out there with a Pandora Plus subscription.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

The WindowKing

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
47 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@crazyhorse1959 Thanks for your interest in using Pandora in your car. I'm happy to help. Could you tell me:

1. What make, model and year is your automobile?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo (non-OEM), can you provide me the brand and model number?
  3. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

In addition, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection. Do you have a smartphone? If so, what is the make, model and carrier?

Let me know, and I'll be happy to follow up.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos

Tone56
Local Performer

2001 vw new beetle it's a sony

Moto e T-Mobile

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

crazyhorse1959
Local Performer

I have a 2010 Ford Edge

Android Samsung Galaxy A51 phone

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Tone56 

Can you clarify if you're using an aftermarket sound system in your 2001 Beetle or stock system? If you're using a newer aftermarket system, can you let me know the year, make and model of that device.

If your system supports the use of Android Auto or Bluetooth connection then you should be able to use Pandora to connect to your audio system.

Keep in mind, at this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

@crazyhorse1959 
Unfortunately, your 2010 model doesn't offer integrated Pandora functionality, however, there are aftermarket brands, such as Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc., that do have built-in Pandora functionality, where users can change stations, thumb up and down and many other features straight from the dash. These aftermarket brands often include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto that allow for expanded Pandora integrated functionality.

Otherwise, you may still be able to listen to Pandora in your car using a 3.5mm audio cable, USB or Bluetooth (if your automobile has these features). Note: not all BT connections support music streaming.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RB52
Local Performer

How do I launch pandora in my 2020  Chevrolet truck.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RB52! Happy to help.

What is the make and model of your phone? Keep in mind, the Pandora automotive implementation requires you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car. Personal cell phone data plans are used. Make sure the latest version is installed on the device and the volume is turned up.

To confirm, do you see the PandoraLink app in your vehicle's infotainment system?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Colt45
Local Performer

I have a 2003 ford f350 with a aftermarket deck it is pandora compatible  but no Bluetooth  my new android doesn't come with a aux cord plug in solution?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Colt45! Welcome to community.

To confirm, you have an aftermarket audio system in your 2003 Ford with the PandoraLink app but this system does not support Bluetooth?

Can you let me know the make and model of the aftermarket device? Does it support a USB connection?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kkaye0926
Local Performer

Samsung k51 metro pcs

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kkaye0926 - welcome to community! 👋

At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

Happy to help get you started in your vehicle. Could you tell me the following:

1. What make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo (non-OEM), can you provide me the brand and model number?
  3. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Thanks!

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

shelbypr
Local Performer

How do I set up Pandora in my car without being plugged into my cell phone?

0 Kudos

Utelake
Underground

New car with pandora capable would like to hook up

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Utelake!

Welcome to community. Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

Could you tell me some info about your phone and car:

1. What make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. What is the make and model of your mobile device
  3. Are you using an aftermarket stereo or stock stereo? If it's aftermarket, can you let me know the make and model of that device.
  4. Does your vehicle come equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Utelake
Underground
It is 1922 Honda Ridgeline. My phone is an iPhones 8. My phone is hooked up to pandora my truck has a pandora button it is fully equipped.

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

hotcop246
Local Performer

How do I set up and play Pandora over my car radio?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @hotcop246 - welcome to community!

At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

Could you tell me the following:

1. What is the make and model of your phone?
  2. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle
  3. Are you using a stock system or after market?
  4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Roger_1954
Local Performer

How do I connect my Pandora radio to my car radio 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Roger_1954 welcome to community!

The easiest way to play Pandora is to connect your mobile device to your vehicle is through Bluetooth. I would recommend checking your owner's manual for specific instructions on how to do this.

Additionally, if your car is equipped with Android Auto or CarPlay this adds additional features and experiences.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

msannwalker
Local Performer

I want to listen to pandora in my suv

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @msannwalker 

Can you tell me a little more about your car and mobile device?

The easiest way to play Pandora is to connect your mobile device to your vehicle is through Bluetooth. I would recommend checking your owner's manual for specific instructions on how to do this.

Additionally, if your car is equipped with Android Auto or CarPlay this adds additional features and experiences.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos