cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with Pandora in Your Vehicle

WindowKing
Local Performer

Hello. I am from Wisconsin and I am wondering how well Pandora works in moving cars? I listen to Pandora all day in the office but I am thinking of removing Sirius radio and replacing it with Pandora in my truck. I am in sales and do alot of travelling. Also, I do not know what else is out there with a Pandora Plus subscription.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

The WindowKing

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @WindowKing! Thanks for posting.

At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.* How strong the internet connection is depends on your cellular provider. 

Personally, I've never had an issue with my phone connected via bluetooth in my car. However, I live in a pretty big metropolitan area. I'd recommend giving it a test run to see how well it works for you in your truck. 

Since you already have a Pandora account, I'm happy to help get you set up in your truck. Could you tell me:

1. What is the make and model of your phone?
  2. What make, model and year is your truck?
  3. If you have an aftermarket stereo (non-OEM), can you provide me the brand and model number?
  4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know. 

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

47 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @WindowKing! Thanks for posting.

At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.* How strong the internet connection is depends on your cellular provider. 

Personally, I've never had an issue with my phone connected via bluetooth in my car. However, I live in a pretty big metropolitan area. I'd recommend giving it a test run to see how well it works for you in your truck. 

Since you already have a Pandora account, I'm happy to help get you set up in your truck. Could you tell me:

2. What make, model and year is your truck?
  3. If you have an aftermarket stereo (non-OEM), can you provide me the brand and model number?

Let me know. 

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

adnilhite
Local Performer

Need to get on in my.  car

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @adnilhite! Thanks for posting.

Can you tell me a little bit more about your message? Are you trying to set-up Pandora in your vehicle?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

adnilhite
Local Performer

Yes I was trying to get pandora in my car

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

No problem, @adnilhite!

Could you tell me:

1. What make, model and year is your automobile?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo (non-OEM), can you provide me the brand and model number?
  3. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

In addition, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection. Do you have a smartphone? If so, what is the make, model and carrier?

Let me know/

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

adnilhite
Local Performer
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
0 Kudos

romanraves
Underground

Hello ,

I was an UBER driver and I always used Pandora, the customers loved it you thumbs up thumbs down songs for about an hour each day and that station will be refined just how you like it. It works fine in the vehicle. As far as getting rid of Sirius radio for Pandora it depends. Live radio is best on Sirius radio they have shows from all around the states and as you drive to different areas or possibly different states the frequency doesn't change you don't have to search and it always sounds good. Pandora is great as long as you don't mind giving up Live radio. I would keep both. I would listen to Pandora for hours at a time and then find myself wanting some live radio and so i cut off the Pandora throughout the day and switched to the Live radio station or Youtube. All you need is your phone download the app use a blue tooth connection or directly plug it in with a usb cable and if necessary lightning port adapter if its an android phone you probably wont need the adapter.

0 Kudos

lindadayco
Local Performer

How do I get Pandora on my car phone?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lindadayco! Thanks for posting. 

At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.*

If you have a smartphone, I'm more than happy to help get you set up in your car. Could you tell me:

2. What make, model and year is your automobile?

Let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jjr
Local Performer

My phone is the Samsung galaxy note 20 5g. Vehicle is a 2017 Taurus limited. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jjr 

All Ford models use the Ford SYNC AppLink system in order to listen to Pandora and receive all of the integrated features.

If you have the Ford SYNC AppLink system installed in your vehicle, You can refer to the attached guide on how to connect your Samsung to your car and use the system with Pandora.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

(You can click on the photos to enlarge them.)

Ford - 1.pngFord - 2.png

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rwilliamson51
Local Performer

How do I set it up to play in my car?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rwilliamson51! Welcome to community. 

I've merged your post with an existing thread on community: Getting Started with Pandora in Your Vehicle

Happy to help with this. Check out my post above for additional info about using Pandora in your car and how to get you set-up. 

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BlaineJane
Local Performer

I can't seem to connect my Pandora account to my Nissan Juke so I can listen while driving? Is it necessary to have a Premium Pandora account? If not,  are there step by step instructions to conmect ? 

0 Kudos

alisa53
Local Performer

I have a Toyota RAV4 2015.  The stereo is NOT aftermarket.  I have a new Galaxy Android phone with the Pandora app.  I understand that Toyota stopped supporting Pandora?  Is there any workaround?  Any way to listen in the car without the car having that supported app?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @alisa53! Welcome to community. 👋

If available in your vehicle, you can listen to Pandora through a Bluetooth or USB connection. For specific steps to pair your phone via Bluetooth to your car's system please refer to the car's manual. 

Alternatively, you can connect your phone to your vehicle with a USB cable (if available in your model). After plugging your phone into the car's USB port, just make sure to set the audio source to USB.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BlaineJane! Welcome to community! 👋

A Premium account is not necessary to connect Pandora to your vehicle. 

Can you tell me a little more about your vehicle and mobile device.

1. What is the year of your vehicle?
  2. Are you using an aftermarket stereo? If so, what is the make and model of that device? 
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. Are you connected to your vehicle with Bluetooth or USB?
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

If your vehicle is not equipped with Android Auto or CarPlay, you should still be able to connect to your vehicles entertainment system. You can find helpful steps from Nissan's support page here

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

laupar50
Local Performer

Hello I just upgrade Pandora to not get advertisement in my vehicle. Pandora works fine on my computer with no interruption or advertisement but not in my vehicle, how can I connect my car to my computer. Oh by the way I have an Iphone and a 2020 BMW. Thank you.

0 Kudos

crazyhorse1959
Local Performer

How can I use pandora in my car?

0 Kudos