cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hidden Feature or bug?

Rhin0
Opening Act

Something odd happens when I start my car and Bluetooth connects (but not all of the time though).  I have an iPhone 6s Plus with 128gb of storage, 2014 Subaru Forester, and Pandora Premium.  Pandora always connects automatically as soon as Bluetooth is established.  In the past it always played the last station I was listening to.  Somewhere along the line, it would connect with a playlist that was NOT the last thing I was listening to when I finished my last trip.  Being curious as to what station/playlist it was playing, I would bring up Pandora on my phone and then it would stop playing this mysterious station/playlist and would play the last station I was listening to.

So...the next time it happened, I noticed that when bluetooth connected it brought up this playlist and in my car display I saw, "All Rndm".  Also in the display was 1/1031, indicating 1 of 1031 songs.  None of my actual playlists has 1031 tunes in it, but it's conceivable that I may have that many in all of my playlists.  Here's the other odd thing: This playlist will continue to play even when I am in no reception zones.  I do a lot of mountain driving and there are many no reception zones.  Pandora played 65 tunes by the time I got to my final destination!!!  Usually, when I loose reception, Pandora plays one of my offline stations.  But with this mysterious playlist, it just keeps playing without interruption!  What a great hidden feature!!!  I sent a query to Pandora support to see if they had an explanation.  I haven't heard back yet.  Playing without interruption in a no reception zone would imply that these tunes are stored somewhere on my phone.

Has Anyone had this experience?  Is there way I can invoke this same playlist anytime I want?!  THAT would be nice!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hey @Rhin0 thanks for posting to community! ๐ŸŽง

Do you have any other music that's stored on your iPhone? Sounds like you might have some downloaded songs in the Music app through Apple. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Rhin0
Opening Act

Bingo Tanner!  It was Apple Music.  It never did this until I upgraded my Verizon plan to a higher level.  Unbeknownst to me, That plan came with unlimited Apple Music.  I started to suspect it wasn't Pandora because some tunes that the apple app was playing were songs done by some of the contestants on The Voice.  Digging deeper, I found that the Apple app auto-connects with the car's bluetooth, just a Pandora does.  It's just a matter of who connects first, and usually it's Pandora, but occasionally Apple beats it to the punch.

So when I launched Pandora to see what it was playing, it actually superceded Apple and started playing the last station/playlist that I was listening to.  It was driving me nuts for about 6 months (because it didn't happen very often).

Case closed!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @Rhin0 thanks for posting to community! ๐ŸŽง

Do you have any other music that's stored on your iPhone? Sounds like you might have some downloaded songs in the Music app through Apple. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rhin0
Opening Act

Bingo Tanner!  It was Apple Music.  It never did this until I upgraded my Verizon plan to a higher level.  Unbeknownst to me, That plan came with unlimited Apple Music.  I started to suspect it wasn't Pandora because some tunes that the apple app was playing were songs done by some of the contestants on The Voice.  Digging deeper, I found that the Apple app auto-connects with the car's bluetooth, just a Pandora does.  It's just a matter of who connects first, and usually it's Pandora, but occasionally Apple beats it to the punch.

So when I launched Pandora to see what it was playing, it actually superceded Apple and started playing the last station/playlist that I was listening to.  It was driving me nuts for about 6 months (because it didn't happen very often).

Case closed!