cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I listen to Pandora Family Plan on my device? Is it wifi driven?

luburke
Local Performer

I am considering the Family Plan because I want to have Pandora playing in my home and at the same time have Pandora with me in the car.

I don't see an App in the store for my phone with is the Family Plan.

How will I play that in my car?

Will I need to use wifi to run Family Plan at home?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@luburke Nice to see you around the community.

Accessing the Family Plan on multiple devices simultaneously:

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

If you were hoping to stream the same account on multiple devices simultaneously, you won't actually be able to do that.

In order to keep Pandora streaming at home, while simultaneously streaming Pandora in your car, you will first need to create a second account using a different email address.

Once that second account is created (if it isn't yet already), you can then add it to your plan.

One account will need to be signed in on the device you use at home, while the second account will need to be signed in on the device you use in your car. 

To see if you're eligible for a trial of Pandora Premium Family, or if you're ready to subscribe, visit our upgrade page from a computer (not a mobile device). Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions!

*Or $164.89 annually, if you prefer; taxes may also apply depending on local tax laws in your area.

Each Pandora account can only play on one device at a time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Separate app for the Family Plan on your phone:

To clarify, there isn't a separate app that you need to download on your phone in order to access the Family Plan.

Once you upgrade, those updates will automatically show on your phone. 

Streaming Pandora without WiFi at home:

Because of our content licensing agreements and the dynamic nature of our service, you will need to have either an internet or cellular network connection in order to stream Pandora.

Our ad-supported service operates under a license that doesn't allow us to download stations to user devices. Additionally, unlike other music services, your stream can change depending on your feedback (Thumbs up, down, "I'm tired of this track", etc.). As a result, we need to process each song or podcast episode as a separate audio stream, which requires a network connection.

That being said, you will have access to offline listening if you upgrade to the Family Plan.

For more info, please visit our help page.

Accessing Pandora in your vehicle:

I am going to have our Automotive team contact you privately via email to help get you signed into Pandora in your car.

Please keep an eye out for their message in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

0 Kudos