cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Tracks not supported error when streaming Pandora 2019 Toyota Avalon

chanegan
Local Performer

When I am streaming Pandora over bluetooth, most of the time it just does not work and if it does work it plays a few seconds and then an error comes up that says music tracks not supported.  My theory on this is the problem is caused by Gracenote.  Gracenote is software that analyzes tracks for cover art etc. to display the art when playing the music.  My 2018 Camry never had this problem and also did not have Gracenote.  I have already talked to the Toyota dealership and they said everything is updated and it must be my phone (copout).  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and it is not the phone causing this issue.  I have researched on the internet how to turn off or disable Gracenote and have not found a way to do this.  The only article I found said to run the Gracenote update and shut off car in the middle of it.  The problem with that is I can download the latest Gracenote update to a usb drive but when I put it in the usb port in my car it just says there is no music on it.  Why am I sure it is Gracenote?  Ok so usually when this error comes up it is showing the coverart for the Pandora song but errors out.  If I turn off bluetooth and Pandora, swich audio source to fm and then back to bluetooth, turn bluetooth and Pandora back on, it does not show the cover art and will usually work and I believe that is because Gracenote stops operating when a error occurs and as long as I don't shut off the car etc. the problem is gone.  It would be nice if I could drive my car instead of fighting with settings and garbage.  Anyone else heard of this?  I have already updated my phone to latest Android OS and the dealership says it is not the car.  I have turned off anything I could find about Gracenote on the headunit settings but it still does this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @chanegan thanks for posting to community! Definitely sounds like an interesting error. 

When safely parked, can you do me a favor and send over a picture of the error when you see it. 

Also, could you provide the following information:

1. What is the year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device? 
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kellyeld
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well. I just purchased a 2021 Toyota Avalon, no after market stereo. Using an iPhone 11.   Vehicle has apple car play. Version 2009.1 of Pandora app. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kellyeld! Thanks for posting to community!

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us determine what may be happening. Can you do me a favor and please uninstall and reinstall the app on your iPhone.

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos