cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nissan auto play when connected to USB

Justacec
Local Performer

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima.  When I connect my iPhone to the car through the USB cable (for charging) it starts to auto play Pandora.  Thus happens no matter what the last state was on the phone.  How do I stop this from happening.  I have searched everywhere for the answer.  I found a few possible guides, but the options to disable auto play do not seem to exist in the advanced settings...  please help me disable this.  I like pandora and want to use it, right now it seems like one of my only recorded is to delete the app from my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Justacec thanks for posting!

What is the make and model of your mobile device?

On an iOS device:

If Pandora was the last music source that was playing before you exited your vehicle, it will automatically resume when you re-enter the car. You'd need to kill the app before entering your vehicle. 

However, if this isn't what seems to be happening with Pandora, then let's try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can find a solution. You may have already tried some (or all) of these steps before, but it often helps to run through them in this order:

First, please try disabling the Siri Suggested Apps feature on your iPhone to see if that helps.

• To do this, begin by swiping down from the top of of your phone. This will reveal a navigable menu. Next, swipe from left to right to show the Widgets screen and tap the Edit button to make changes. Under Add Widgets tap the red minus sign to remove Siri App Suggestions, and select Done.

Finally, I'd recommend restarting both your phone and the car.

If you're still having the same issue at that point, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app using the following method (not to worry, we'll keep track of your stations and profile):

• Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking." Then tap the tiny X that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on the device.

++

On an Android device:

Can you ensure that you have the Launch from car setting disabled on your Android phone? To do that:

• Open Pandora.
  • Open the Profile tab and tap the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  • Select Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure there is no check next to Launch from car.

Let me know how it goes. 

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Justacec
Local Performer

I will do those things.  For the record, I have an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS.  Not sure which version of Pandora I have installed, but it was the latest. as of a few days ago.

As far as the last app that was used.  It most certainly was not.  I stopped plugging my phone into my car for the bast several months because of this issue.  I had made sure that pandora was not running and it was not the last music app that I used.  When I plug it into my car, it just starts up. and plays... and plays... and plays...

I should highlight that the Nissan interaction with mobile device simply **ahem**.  I am not sure who is driving the startup of the app.  It could be the car?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Justacec The latest version for Pandora should be 2002.2. You can find your version by visiting Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen

Does this also happen when you're connected through Bluetooth or only USB.

I have the opposite problem, Pandora won't launch on its own but Apple Music will. Even if the app has been killed prior to me getting into my car, it will reopen and start playing something random from my library. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Justacec
Local Performer

My issue only happens when I plug in the USB cable.  When connecting over bluetooth, it is ok.

0 Kudos

Loganr
Local Performer

Sadly, just learning this, but the only solution is to delete Pandora. It’s messed up, but I had been trying to play Spotify...it played one time threw. No idea how because i did it the same way EVERYTIME. Makes me hate technology, but the minute we deleted pandora, it worked 

0 Kudos