cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora App won't play though car speakers anymore

Kristi1289
Local Performer

I have a 2010 Lexus RX350 and an Iphone 11. I have been able to connect this phone (and my previous several iphones) to my car via the USB Auxiliary Cable and play the Pandora app just fine for years. Suddenly it stopped about 3 months ago for no apparent reason. I have tried re-installing the app, re-pairing the phone with the car, nothing has worked. 

Other phone features and apps work fine with the car, so I know both the USB cable and the bluetooth are working. I get an error message that says "no compatible files found on this device" when I turn the car to auxiliary mode and start Pandora. Other apps can play sound/music to the car, just not Pandora anymore.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Kristi1289 Thanks for posting!]

Are you playing the Pandora app through your phone or through your car's head unit?

If you're playing the Pandora app within Lexus Enform, this was discontinued by Toyota for Toyota Entune and Lexus Enform vehicles in 2018. 

You can still listen in your Lexus by connecting via AUX cord or standard Bluetooth connection. This allows you to bypass the Enform system and control Pandora from your phone.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kristi1289
Local Performer

I have been playing it through my phone the whole time, using the AUX cord. It stopped working that way a few months ago. It won’t work on Bluetooth either. Both Bluetooth and the Aux cord work with other apps on my phone, such as Waze, Google maps, hands free calling, etc. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Kristi1289 Okay, so you're controlling Pandora through your phone, and not through your car's head unit. 

What is the Pandora version you are currently on? (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kristi1289
Local Performer

It’s version 2101.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Can you delete the Pandora app once more, I know you mentioned this before, but the last association I see on your account is from 2016. 

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Also, you mentioned you received the following message, "no compatible files found on this device", was this on your phone and does the message appear often? Can you take a screenshot of this message?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos