cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Error Message while in vehicle

Cammie
Local Performer

For the last week each time I try to use pandora in my car it will not play it give me "pandora error" why is this happening? it has happened before and I delete and reload and I have done all the same steps and it will not play. I would like to upgrqde to the perm. version but I am not going to pay any more if it isn't going to work

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Cammie thanks for posting to community!

Could you provide me some additional information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Could you also do me a favor and please provide a photo of the error message on the display. 

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cammie
Local Performer
Hi Tanner
I have a 2014 Chev Equinox
Stereo is factory
Phone is iPhone 10
Phone is on Bluetooth and using USB connection.
No car isn't equipped with Apple Car play
Yes I will need help with the Pandora version.

I emailed this reply on 1/30 I replied before I was able to get picture

Thank you for helping!!
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @Cammie !

You can find the Pandora version with the following steps.

When you open Pandora:

> Profile tab at the bottom

> Settings gear at the top & scroll to the bottom of the screen

++

If you're able to grab that picture when the error happens, that would be super helpful! Be sure to do this when the vehicle is not in motion and conditions are safe. 

++

Also, I've asked our User Support team to start a trace on your account to better help us understand what is happening.

Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app for me. 

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Thanks for the extra help, appreciate it! 👍

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KatieTaylorTN
Underground

I am having connectivity issues as well, keep getting a "pandora error" message and then the pandora app on my car closes.

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?  2015 Subaru Outback
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device? stock stereo
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)? Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, Pandora version2106.1
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux) Bluetooth
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay? my car has android auto but I am not using it
0 Kudos

KatieTaylorTN
Underground

Ugh, my phone has Android Auto not my car. My mistake.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @KatieTaylorTN! Thanks for posting. 

Can you share a picture/screenshot of what you're seeing? Do you get the error on your phone or on the car's head unit?

I see that you're on 2106.1, can you update to the latest version of Pandora to see if this will help. 

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

I'd also try these steps from your Android Settings to clear the Pandora app data (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KatieTaylorTN
Underground

Hey Tanner, I'll try those two things and see if they help. I can't get a photo of the error message because I'm usually alone and driving. It honestly just says "Pandora Error" on the car's display.

0 Kudos

KatieTaylorTN
Underground

Have tried every and all steps/suggestions. It is still not playing correctly. It skips in and out, stops playing etc. I'm beyond fed up, especially since I pay for premium every month. 

0 Kudos