cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PandoraLink/Honda - Auto launches and refuses to close

jamesdf2588
Underground

Hello,

I have been experiencing an issue for several years now with various versions of the iPhone, Pandora and vehicles. Every time I turn my vehicle on, Pandora opens on my iPhone and starts playing music, even when the app hasn't been opened. In fact, when I open my phone to close the app, the phone doesn't recognize the app as being in use, so I have to open the Pandora app and then close the app. Although, this doesn't stop Pandora from magically playing music again immediately after I close the application. It also refuses to pause when I press pause on my iPhone lockout screen (lockout screen has several options for pandora like pause and next song). The keys work, such as skipping the song and it does pause the application for a moment, but then immediately starts playing again without my permission. The application sometimes even causes interuptions with other applications, such as Audible, and forces me to go into my phone and manually battle the Pandora application until it finally closes and stops overrunning my other application. Currently, I have the new iPhone 12 and a 2015 Honda Civic and am hoping to figure out if there is any solution to this problem. I would also like to state that the Honda Civic has the stock radio system that is Pandora compatible (provides a Pandora button for audio which is separate from the bluetooth option). 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

jamesdf2588
Underground

Hello TannerPandora,

The connection would be through Bluetooth, but I also want to clarify that it isn't the "Bluetooth" option given by the radio system. So, my radio is Pandora compatible which means that there is a button on the screen that is called "Pandora" and is separate from the "Bluetooth" icon. The main difference I have noticed is when selecting the "Bluetooth" option, I can still control songs and playlists through my phone, but when I select the "Pandora" option I am not able to use the Pandora application on my phone, and must use the radio to change songs or playlists (Pandora app on the phone opens up with a blackscreen showing that it is connected via "accessory". This also happens when connected via USB but still using the radios Pandora option). 

When it plays on its own it does happen through the car. As I mentioned, this issue has been going on for years and I consistently check for application updates on my phone daily. For instance, there are no updates available for Pandora right now and the version is 2101.1. 

I also want to mention that when I close the Pandora application on my phone a notification pops up on it asking to give permission to connect Pandora app on my phone and the radio with the options "ignore" and "accept". Unfortunately, no matter which option I choose it acts as if I chose accept. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jamesdf2588! Thanks for posting.

Are you connecting to your Honda via Bluetooth or USB? When you use Pandora in your vehicle, do you use the integrated PandoraLink app that you mentioned?

When Pandora starts playing on its own, does this happen through the car or on your phone?

Can you let me know, which version of Pandora are you currently on?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jamesdf2588
Underground

Hello TannerPandora,

The connection would be through Bluetooth, but I also want to clarify that it isn't the "Bluetooth" option given by the radio system. So, my radio is Pandora compatible which means that there is a button on the screen that is called "Pandora" and is separate from the "Bluetooth" icon. The main difference I have noticed is when selecting the "Bluetooth" option, I can still control songs and playlists through my phone, but when I select the "Pandora" option I am not able to use the Pandora application on my phone, and must use the radio to change songs or playlists (Pandora app on the phone opens up with a blackscreen showing that it is connected via "accessory". This also happens when connected via USB but still using the radios Pandora option). 

When it plays on its own it does happen through the car. As I mentioned, this issue has been going on for years and I consistently check for application updates on my phone daily. For instance, there are no updates available for Pandora right now and the version is 2101.1. 

I also want to mention that when I close the Pandora application on my phone a notification pops up on it asking to give permission to connect Pandora app on my phone and the radio with the options "ignore" and "accept". Unfortunately, no matter which option I choose it acts as if I chose accept. 

TannerPandora

Hi @jamesdf2588! Thanks for the follow up. 

Can you let me know if the 'Enable Launch From Car' is enabled or disabled on your phone?

To find this: Profile > Setting > Advanced > Under Bluetooth Devices

I don't think I'm familiar with the notification you mentioned in your last paragraph. Would it be possible to take a picture or screenshot the next time it happens. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jamesdf2588
Underground

Hello TannerPandora,

I had no idea about the "Enable Launch From Car" option existed. The option was activated, so that makes sense as to why the app seemed to have a mind of its own.

Sorry for the poor description of the notification that pops up on my phone. Below is a screenshot of the notification I had mentioned in the previous post. 

IMG_0211.PNG

TannerPandora

Thanks for the screenshot @jamesdf2588!

I haven't seen this before. It might be related to the connection from your phone to the head unit.

Let me see investigate this a little more.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

HeRogel
Local Performer

Same issue after the ios14 update. Same model car. Same year. Same screenshot description. It’s worked fine up until now. The Pandora app on the car stereo won’t connect. But it will play under just the Bluetooth selection in the car, but not on the actual pandora app in the car.