cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/4/21: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021 - Hi all! I'm closing this thread and marking it as resolved. If you continue to have trouble with playback stopping when using CarPlay, please create a new post, referencing this thread. 

Pandora Update 4/28/2021Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @kylerusk!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dave2476
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue.   Pioneer AVX 3000

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dave2476! Thanks for posting. 

A small change was made on your account that should help. You may need to sign out and back in again for the change to take effect. 

Let me know how it goes the next time you try CarPlay with your Pioneer. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

estiff
Local Performer

I am having the same issue as well.  It sometimes stops after every song.  A little dangerous when driving to have to go back to hitting play after every song.  If possible, would appreciate the same change to my account.  Many thanks!

0 Kudos

alank5
Local Performer

Same issue in 2021 Hyundai Kona EV. Pandora stops after every song when using CarPlay. I have Pandora version 2012.1 on an iPhone 12 Pro. 

0 Kudos

Bighead1
Local Performer

Having the same problem 2020 rav 4 connected through usb 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @estiff  @alank5. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. A small change was made to your individual Pandora accounts, that should help with this issue. Let us know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Efedor08
Local Performer

2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. We have the same issue.

0 Kudos

sbrearley
Local Performer

Same issue here with Sync 3 in a 2019 F250.  Only plays one song.  Doesn't matter if I'm in Carplay or bluetooth.  Can you take a look at my account as well?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sbrearley! Thanks for posting. 

Just to confirm, this happens when connected to CarPlay and through a bluetooth only connection? 

Does this happen outside of the vehicle as well, say when you're playing music through the phone or connected to a bluetooth speaker?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sbrearley
Local Performer

Thanks for the response. Logging out and back in seems to have fixed my issue 

scmike
Local Performer

Hi,

My Apple Carplay will only play one song per play request.  This happens when connected via bluetooth and/or usb - 2019 Chevy Colorado, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and Pandora v2101.1.  Could you please take a look at my account and resolve this problem?  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

dimarrero
Local Performer

Hi Tanner. Any solution to this. My Apple car play was working fine with my BMW X5 car play till one month ago that stops after each song. I need to press play after each song 

0 Kudos

jdready
Local Performer

Same issue here: BMW M340i - Car Play - Stops after 1 song (if that!)

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @dimarrero @jdready!

Can you confirm if this happens when connected via Bluetooth, USB or both? Do you receive any type of messaging, voice or notification?

In the meantime, I've made a small change to your account that should help. If you continue to have trouble, you may need to log out and then back in again for the changes to take effect. 

Hope it helps. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jdready
Local Performer

@Tanner 

My problem is with CarPlay over bluetooth.  No notifications, Pandora would just stop.

It appears my problem was not actually with Pandora.  After your reply, I thought things were working again (Pandora played more than 1 song), but then it stopped again.

When I looked into the situation further, it appeared that when my phone would connect with the car, I would lose internet.  There seems to be a setting in the car's phone connection that allows internet through the car (but my car doesn't have it?). Anyway, I reset the connection with my phone and the car and everything seems to play ok now.

However, now, everything that plays through pandora plays for about a second and then restarts and plays the second time to completion.  Maybe this is from the change you made?  Is there any way to change it back?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

MSuarez23119
Local Performer

I am experiencing this same issue right now. Can’t seem to find the solution, hoping you can help. 

0 Kudos

Norgoth
Local Performer

Same issue here for me. Connected to Porsche installed Carplay by USB and I have Pandora version 2102.1 on iphone 12. I have the dreaded play one song and then it stops. Constantly having to hit the play button to get it started again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John

0 Kudos

Jackson007
Local Performer

I’m having this issue in my 2018 Porsche Panamera, very frustrating 

0 Kudos

Lucy123
Local Performer

Hello,

I purchased a Mazda CX-5 2021 with Apple CarPlay.  When I am connected to Pandora through USB to Apple CarPlay, Pandora will not advance to the next song and will stop playing.  The "play" button must be pressed in order to listen to the next song and it happens after each song.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

0 Kudos