cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/4/21: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021 - Hi all! I'm closing this thread and marking it as resolved. If you continue to have trouble with playback stopping when using CarPlay, please create a new post, referencing this thread. 

Pandora Update 4/28/2021Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

Jnw8888
Local Performer

My CarPlay stops after each song as others have complained about. My vehicle is a 2015 Kia Soul with the Infinity Sound System. My phone is an IPhone 8 & I connect through USB Cable. My phones software is 14.4.2 and I have updated the Pandora App.  My second problem is that at home I listen to Pandora through Sonos, when I leave the house I turn the Sonos off and then get in my car and start Pandora on CarPlay. Within a minute Pandora stops saying someone else is listening to my account and to restart when safe to do so. The problem is no one else is listening to my account because I have turned off Sonos. Both of these problems started a few week ago. Please help.

0 Kudos

gaylmi
Local Performer

Obviously this is an ongoing problem for everyone.  Everything was fine until we upgraded our service, now Pandora will not advance to the next song and will stop playing.  What do we need to do to fix this.

0 Kudos

LIY
Local Performer

Same issue. Began a week or so ago!  Wireless CarPlay, iPhone 12, 2020 Audi Q3. 

Pandora really needs to address these issues quickly - or risk losing many, many subscribers. 

LIY

0 Kudos

gaylmi
Local Performer

We have a 2020 Chevy 2500 duramax,

Using an Iphone 11

pandora version 2103.1

0 Kudos

Richard34
Local Performer

On my 2021 Genesis G80 with Apple Car Play, Pandora will not advance to the next song and will stop playing at the end of each song. The "play" button must be pressed in order to listen to the next song and it happens after each song. This problem started after upgrading to Premium. Please instruct me on how to fix this.

0 Kudos

Sbuchanan
Local Performer

I am now having this problem.  Worked in my 2021 Honda CR-V for a few days but now stops after every song.  Market stereo.  iOS is 14.4.2.  I don't know how to see what version my Pandora app is.  I connect with usb

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 4/28/2021 Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos