cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle on Start with Android Auto

mixup
Local Performer

I have been having the same problems with keeping Pandora in shuffle mode on my smartphone. I connect to my car's system and Pandora goes out of shuffle mode. When I load Pandora through my Sony Android TV the application stays in shuffle my stations mode. This problem seems to be with my smartphone application.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @mixup! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Could you tell me some additional info about your phone and vehicle? 

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mixup
Local Performer

2020 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium

Samsung Galaxy A11, New in March 21 latest version of Pandora

Android Auto connected via USB

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @mixup!

I'm trying to replicate on my end. To clarify your steps, are you playing Pandora in shuffle prior to connecting to Android Auto or do you start Pandora once connected?

If you start Pandora once connected, do you look for and start a station or just press play? Do you know if the same thing happens if playing Pandora only on your phone or with a bluetooth speaker?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JasonK376
Local Performer

I have the same issue in my 2021 f150. Pandora always boots in station mode.  I keep my pandora in shuffle so this is highly annoying.  I have offline mode turned off as well and it still switches to offline mode while driving then never switches back to shuffle.  Very upsetting. 

0 Kudos

datchoia751
Underground

Maybe cause you're driving in certain areas its picking up peoples wifi in that area and I say cause mine does that when I am in the car with my family members

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos