cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siri Commands Don't Work with Apple CarPlay

GaryPreston
Local Performer

I have an iPhone 11, software version 15.4.1

My Pandora version is up-to-date. It works well with Siri but not with Apple CarPlay. When I ask for an artist to play it says now playing but doesn’t.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @GaryPreston. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. It looks like you've uninstalled / reinstalled the Pandora app on your iPhone recently.

Could you also share a bit more about your device? 

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

++

Pandora + CarPlay:

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  4. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?
  5. When you use the voice command do you get any feedback (other than "now playing") or any error message? 
  6. Does this issue occur when your phone is locked?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

GaryPreston
Local Performer
Hello, this does not occur when the phone is locked. My phone is an Iphone
11. My Pandora version is 2203.1. My IOS is 15.4.1 which is up to date. I
can use Pandora manually through the phone or by selecting a station on the
Apple car play screen in my car. Siri simply says _______________ is now
playing on Pandora. If I look at my phone I can see it's playing a song
but it's not coming through the speakers. It occasionally works but
rarely. Also it works perfectly with Apple Music and Spotify.

--
*Gary*
0 Kudos

MusicFan9283
Local Performer

I used to have this problem. Now, it just says, “Sorry. There was a problem with Pandora.” It’s like it won’t open the app. I have to physically pick up my phone and go play the music myself. It’s extremely dangerous and inconvenient for someone, who’s driving. We pay loads of dollars for a small convenience and people can’t even follow through with their creation. Meanwhile, I pay the monthly Pandora fee. Do better, Pandora. Get your business together. 

0 Kudos

PHXAZPHXAZ
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Please help. Siri will play a song on pandora only if I name a song. However if I ask Siri to play an artist on pandora she says now playing and nothing plus. HELP I JUST PAID FOR PANDORA AND IM CONSIDERING LEAVING. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @PHXAZPHXAZ @MusicFan9283. 👋

Thank you for reporting this error message.

First, I would recommend uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app on your iOS device to see if this helps resolve the issue. You can find those steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

If you continue to see that error message and you haven't posted your device details yet, I'd like to gather those details. We have created an internal ticket to share so that our engineering team can investigate this issue further.

It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  • How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  • Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Thanks so much for reporting and for your help with this. 🎧

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @GaryPreston. 👋

Thank you for providing these details. I will add your feedback and device information to the internal ticket we have open with engineering.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos