cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Unavailable Message

donaldham
Local Performer

I've gone from being a very early adopter as soon as Pandora appeared, to Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium since it has been available. 

When I launch Pandora from my car's infotainment system, and want to select a different station, the "station list" option is completely greyed out and I can't click on it.  My car is a 2019 Mazda 3 sedan. Other aspects of Pandora on the car app are fine.  The Pandora version on my phone is 1911.2. The photo shows the screen with the station list greyed out

IMG_20191215_101246934_HDR.jpg

I've tried all the usual suspects: clear all user data and cache from the Pandora app on the phone, uninstall and reinstall the app.  Nothing helps.  

I took the car into my dealer, where the service department was able to launch Pandora from a different phone, and had no problems, the station list appeared.  So they say it's on the Pandora side, not the Mazda InfoConnect system in the car.  The dealer gave me a loaner, a 2020 Mazda 3 hatchback, which has the same issue when I launch Pandora on that car. 

I can work around this: when I run Android Auto through the InfoConnect system, Pandora works fine.   I get my station list (although in Android Auto, it's a truncated list, which I know about.)  But sometimes I just want Pandora through bluetooth using the car app, without using Android Auto. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere?  Is there a deeper level of cache or cookies or something that I don't know about that's corrupted? I've searched both this community and done the bigger online Google search, with no results. 

Thanks in advance.

Don

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @donaldham thanks for posting to community! Definitely an interesting issue going on, thanks for including the photo, it's very helpful. 

When you connect to your vehicle is it through Bluetooth or USB?

I've asked our User Support  team to enable a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps one more time, I understand that you may have performed some of these steps already but appreciate you trying again. 

Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

donaldham
Local Performer

Tanner,

Thanks for the reply.  The email alerting me that you had responded went into the spam folder, so I just saw it a few minutes ago.

I cleared both the cache and the user data, and also wiped the bluetooth connection from my phone and the car and re-paired my phone.  (To answer your question about the connection, it's through Bluetooth.) 

The same problem is still there.  As you may know, the Mazda system has a sort of "bookmark" feature called "favorites", which lets you save Pandora, SiriusXM, and radio stations in one list. I can favorite a Pandora station and that will appear in favorites, sort of a workaround.  But even then, I can only access stations I've manually added to that list. 

When I first launched Pandora on the car after clearing the data, I got this screen.

Pandora error station not found donald ham 1219.jpg

When I disconnected from the car app, launched Pandora manually on my phone, and selected a station before connecting the car, that screen went away. 

Thanks again for checking into this.   

0 Kudos

Johnb1994
Local Performer

I just bought a Mazda and I am having the exact same problem. Any resolution to this issue? I tried the steps described above and still the same issue. I will say I currently do not pay for Pandora I have the free version, so maybe this is a paid feature based on the comments above? 

0 Kudos

jphaus
Local Performer

Same exact problem here.  "Station List" is greyed out when connecting via bluetooth but works fine via Android Auto.  It does work on my wife's phone (Nokia 4.2) but does not work on mine (Motorola g7).  The vehicle is a 2021 Mazda CX-5 (same display as in photos above).  Is there a fix yet?

0 Kudos

rmtdjr
Local Performer

Nothing huh? 

0 Kudos