cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriber features not accessible on automotive skill

dalphenus
Local Performer

Subscriber features (primarily repeat functionality) missing from vehicle skill. Would love to be able to use that on the branded Pandora skill instead of running it on my phone with the default bluetooth connection.

Troubleshooting code chosen because Feature and Bug were not accepted.

Phone - Nexus 5X | Android 8.1.0 | v.1909.2(ANDROID-TUNER 1909.2RC11)
Vehicle - 2014 Chevrolet Volt running most recent live build (as far as I'm aware)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TmacPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hey @dalphenus 

The experience in the Chevy Volt is an experience with a BT protocol that we provide that chevy can put in their firmware.  That firmware with Pandora generally doesn't get updated after the car ships.  There are also some functionalities that are still not supported even if you went to a new car, like "repeat".  

The alternative that I have been telling people to try if they want new functionality in the car is to try out Pandora's voice solution.  If you go into search one time to search for something on voice, you can enable the "Ok Pandora" voice prompt and from there you can say, "Ok Pandora, repeat song" when you're on the drive.

I hope that helps.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TmacPandora

Hey @dalphenus 

The experience in the Chevy Volt is an experience with a BT protocol that we provide that chevy can put in their firmware.  That firmware with Pandora generally doesn't get updated after the car ships.  There are also some functionalities that are still not supported even if you went to a new car, like "repeat".  

The alternative that I have been telling people to try if they want new functionality in the car is to try out Pandora's voice solution.  If you go into search one time to search for something on voice, you can enable the "Ok Pandora" voice prompt and from there you can say, "Ok Pandora, repeat song" when you're on the drive.

I hope that helps.

0 Kudos

dalphenus
Local Performer

Not ideal, but given the annoying hoops to jump through to get vehicle software updated, I understand and am not too surprised. Thanks for the workaround at least!

TmacPandora

I should also mention that the Pandora voice solution only works if Pandora is in the foreground.  Another alternative is Google Assistant.  I just checked right now if we got the repeat working in there (I didn't remember off the top of my head).  GA does have the repeat functionality.

0 Kudos