cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A "Deep Cut" Feature Suggestion

Calico739
Underground
Hello All, First, kudos to the Pandora team for creating a great music streaming service, you guys do a great job. I have a suggestion for you to consider. Is it possible at some point to provide "Deep Cut Stations" for the artists that already have stations on Pandora ? I notice that when I create a station for a particular artist that the songs that get played are primarily well-known, popular, "successful" and "mainstream" and so it is rare that a song come along that we haven't heard before. A "Deep Cut Station" for the Beatles for example would focus on songs by the Beatles that are rarely if ever played on Pandora, FM radio or other services. Such stations would allow listeners to drill deep and explore uncommon tracks by the artists they enjoy. Thanks again and keep up the good work.
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Calico739 Thanks for your post we really appreciate it! 🎧

The best place to post feature requests is in our Feature Request forum. From there you can create new feature requests or like ❤️ those requests you want to see on Pandora. 

For your suggestion, we do offer Modes for stations on Pandora. With Modes, you can choose 'Deep Cuts' as an option, Deep Cuts mode focuses on playing lesser-known tracks by the artists that normally play on your station.

Hope this is what you meant, if not, feel free to create a feature request to clarify. Thanks again for posting to community! 🎧

Note: Your thumbs down will function normally in this mode, but Thumbing Up tracks will tell your station that you'd like more variety and B-Sides in My Station mode moving forward.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

quuxman
Underground
Excellent idea, a bit like the exploration mode for stations available on the web version. I really wish explore was available in the app but this is even more specific and I'd really like this too