cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always Be My Baby or Unbreak My Heart?

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Which song had the better lyrics and beat by Mariah Carey & Toni Braxton.

8 Replies

@Cptheg3 I honestly didn't think this was a fair choice for Toni Braxton. I listened to both songs and the choice song for Toni didn't have the background music that Maria had throughout her song, just based on that alone Maria's song had so much more pizazz in her song than what Toni had. Perhaps choosing another song to compare with. 

I liked your post for what you are doing with it. Looking forward to seeing more of these. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@Cptheg3 I'm going with "Unbreak My Heart" as I like this song better.

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Wow thanks for the comment, I do look foward to making more of these. Im trying to find a very good forum where people will reply to these comparisons. I dont see much here but you two responded very well. 

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Yeah, I feel like Unbreak My Heart has a bit more depth in lyrics, but Always Be My Baby has that puppy love atmosphere from beginning to end. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love both songs! They are classics. I feel like they are really different though.

"Unbreak My Heart" is really sultry and Toni has a much deeper voice, she's a contralto. I agree this one has a little more depth to the lyrics. 

"Always Be My Baby" is very pop, upbeat, and a little more fun to me. 

My vote is for "Unbreak My Heart" - mostly because of the lyrics and Toni's unique voice. 

@Cptheg3 I like this - what are the next two song comparisons? Will you make a new post for it? 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Cptheg3
Opening Act

I will do one tonight around 9 eastern time.

@Cptheg3 looking forward to your next posting. I probably should've mentioned in my comments above, But just so you know I have both songs that you used for your post. I have several songs by Maria and Toni. I just felt comparing the two was not something I would have been able to do fairly. I did happen to see that two people chose Toni Braxton over Maria, for me it was more than just liking one more over the other, it was background, instruments and lyrics combined as a whole. Well, like said I'm looking forward to your next posting. 

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Cptheg3
Opening Act

New post is up guys.