cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else miss the comments section?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anna040306 Unfortunately, we can't allow a non-filtered space, which is why we brought the Pandora Community to the forefront with active moderation.

Erick | Community Manager

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Highlighted

Underground

Yes that was like my first "social media" kind of thing it was really fun.

Highlighted

Underground

I do miss it. I've been on Pandora for close to 15 years, and I struck up conversations of substance with a few people, and developed friendships. Even if Pandora would at least tentatively allow comments in one area relating to the music, such as the artist, or an album, that's better than not having the option. Unfortunately, as Pandora listeners grew exponentially over the past few years, so did irrelevant comments ("Follow me and I'll follow you!"), spam comments sometimes, and inappropriate remarks, & communications about, & with others. I can understand that Pandora moderators attempting to manage that all would be too time-consuming & aggravating, but this platform is certainly not what it used to be in that regard. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Is it Possible to Recover Old Profile Comments?

Underground

I've been wondering for the last year or so if it is possible to somehow see all of the old comments on my profile that used to be part of Pandora about 4-5 years ago. I remember the old comment system used to act as a forum of sorts where people could get to know each other based on their common music likes. It would be really nice if I could read through those messages and bring back some old memories.

Highlighted

Re: Is it Possible to Recover Old Profile Comments?

Underground

To my knowledge, I don't think there is Smiley Sad . I kept many of the e-mail notifications I received from Pandora when another user would comment positively and courteously (which was 99% of the time) on my profile, prior to when Pandora changed their platform and removed that capability a couple years ago. 

Highlighted

Diamond in the Rough

Personally, I was glad to see them gone - which tends to be too much of a troll magnet. That's an issue with almost any website that has comment sections. On forums such as these, which have a much more active moderator watch, that's a bit different.

Highlighted

Underground

Definitely agree. At least they have this, thought going straight to a profile and commenting would certainly be easier.

Highlighted

Local Performer

🖤

@Will702 wrote:

I wish the new owners would consider bringing back the comments sections. Maybe add moderators to edit those useless comments or negative comments which only hurt those who posted music related comments and not silly inappropriate comments. 

What do you think? 

@Will702 wrote:

I wish the new owners would consider bringing back the comments sections. Maybe add moderators to edit those useless comments or negative comments which only hurt those who posted music related comments and not silly inappropriate comments. 

What do you think? 

Highlighted

Local Performer

Yes!!!!! Why did they remove it ast year ? Smh

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Opening Act

I also miss them, when they were used constructively! I was just listening to an Eva Cassidy tune and wanted to comment. Now, I LOVE Eva-hence the reason she's in the station with several thumbs up, duh-but I was going to comment on the "similar artists". I don't really have any issue with most of the ladies there and their music, just with calling them "similar"; with the presumable exception of having been born with female organs they really had little if anything in common with her. to be honest, who did? even her bio points out that she was to ecclectic to pin down her genre, if any.

see, that's a problem. just as a few others exist. I was listening to another station I created and in the last week I added Missing Persons and Berlin (love their early stuff), this is a late 70's early 80's alternative/dance station mostly, today up pops Michael Jackson?! I detest Michael and with the exception of the timing on the release I have no idea what he's supposed to have to do with the station. I wish there was a quicker way to bar an artist or a song from a station than waiting for another song by him to show up so I can thumb it down again.

same issue with remixes/edits. I like the Kygo song "This Town", unfortunately some idiot thought it was a good idea to let Gucci Mane into the edit, ruining it. now, I can delete the edit, but I can't get the original, unruined song into that station. it would be nice to say so in a place where people can read it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Nightcore Station

Local Performer

is there anybody from the OLD Pandora that remembers the comment section on the Nightcore station? been missing some olds friends from there recently. 

0 Kudos