cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Artboard 1.png

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,392 Replies

SandiRol
Local Performer

Hello, community! I've been listening to Pandora since I was little and thanks to that, I've loved music ever since. I'm hoping to become an accomplished singer/songwriter and animator. Wish me luck!

• Name? Lydia/Alex (it depends on my mood) 
  • Where you're from? Bountiful, Ut
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Pop; electric
  • What you're currently listening to? Right now, the Fool's Gold: Sands podcast and Dollhouse Radio
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? Being able to repeat songs even if I have to watch an ad

Little side note: I'm Trigender, so my pronouns are they/them online.

RobJay_Dinero
Local Performer
  • Name? RobJay Dinero 
  • Where you're from? New Orleans 
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Rap
  • What you're currently listening to RobJay Dinero 3 EP
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? Being able to watch ads to listen to your favorite music. 

Glad to be apart of the community. 
0 Kudos

joshy
Opening Act

hi- I'm josh 

i'm from the USA and I listen to rap 

تخسا
0 Kudos

Ejh
Underground
0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Pandora Community! 

As new community members, please feel free to check out our Community Guidelines here. This to keep a friendly and accessible space for everyone.

Glad to have you here @SandiRol ! We hope to see more of you and to see your creations on Pandora soon! 🎶
__
@RobJay_Dinero Thanks for sharing 😊. Keep enjoying Pandora and we hope you enjoy the community as well!

__

Hi @joshy , we're excited to have you here. Hope you have a nice week!

0 Kudos

joshy
Opening Act

I I'm josh 

I from the UK 

I listen to  rap 

تخسا
0 Kudos

leefarrell
Opening Act

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m excited to be part of the Pandora Community.

• Name: Lee Farrell
  • Where I'm from: US
  • Favorite genre of music: Pop 
  • Currently listening to: KING BALDWIN IV x YEAT | If We Being Rëal (Slowed)
  • Favorite feature of Pandora: Do not know yet

cincybmxlpfreak
Local Performer

IMG_20240417_202553_359.jpg

What's up!?

Name: Jessica

Where you're from: Cincinnati, OH

What your favorite genre of music is? ROCK

What you're currently listening to? Lamb of God "Evidence"

A favorite feature of the Pandora service? I like the new "tuning" feature of your channels, but I MISS the feature that used to show you why they chose a song for you (i.e., Minor chord progression, female vocalist, etc.). Bring that back!

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey there, You can call me Midnight. It's my online nickname.

I was born in California but have lived on the East coast most of my life

I'm an eclectic. I love all types of music Psychedelic, Jazz, Progressive Rock, old and some newer Medal, Alternative, Avant-garde, some real deep weird stuff LOL. etc.

When on Pandora I have a station named Strawberry Alarm Clock named after the band with the same name. Where I listen to them , Soft Machine, and a host of other stuff from the mid to late 1960's - 1972. When I listen other places I'm listening to Can, Soft White Underbelly (That's Blue Oyster Cult to some of you) Atomic Rooster. Miles Davis, Drowning Pool. 

I love the feed on Pandora. Most of the time it really gets me and picks the stuff I like.

0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Hi everyone, welcome to the Pandora community!

@leefarrell, we're glad to see you around! We are always happy to see your posts and how you share your positivity with everyone! Please feel free to continue interacting with the different posts and threads 😊,  hope you have a really nice day today!
__

@cincybmxlpfreak, Nice to meet you Jessica! We are happy to hear you enjoy the different tuning modes we have, i also like that feature a lot. And yeah, totally understand it is cool to see why Pandora is showing certain song on your station. Currently the only way to see this is on your computer, but if you'd like to have this on your phone you may like to check this thread and upvote the Idea with a 💜
__

Welcome back @Bellfire05! It's good to see your posts as well! Please feel free to look around and interact with any post you may find interesting or useful. 

Happy listening!

0 Kudos

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, thank you and I;m happy to be here.

0 Kudos

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, I mostly use my compute because of the size and I'm more relaxed in my little corner LOL. Thanks though I will look into it.

0 Kudos

1Mitzleplick
Opening Act

Hello.

It's really good to see so many welcome backs. I like how warm greetings and music goes so well with everyone.

Schu62
Underground

Name: Schu

from Nebraska 

multiple genres 

Currently listening to Aya (London), Blue Six, The Rurals, Afterlife, and The Sundays 

Favorite feature is the different music 

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, thank you I'll check out these and see how they sound. I'm always looking to try new music.

0 Kudos

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, I've listen to a couple of your choices and already I've determined that you are a smooth jazz lover. You give the mellow relax by the fire with something to drink. (not necessarily alcohol) and just laying back and enjoying your vibe. (I could be wrong LOL) While I'm not familiar with these artists I am familiar with the genre. Here are some folks you might like. Anita Baker, Grover Washington Jr. and Al Jarreau. I had a guy that had some African influences with a nice long track but I erased him by accident and now I have to dig deep to find the song. These are pretty good for a start though. Quincy Jones is too and I have a few others if you are interested. Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Hihache. I hope you enjoy them. I've listen to the artists myself. I have a lot of different tastes so I can understand some people's tastes.

0 Kudos

MaSpider18
Local Performer

Hi, MaSpider18, thank you for allowing me into the community.  I've been listening to Pandora for years and enjoy it fairly well. It helps me to enjoy a wide verity of genres.  It would be nice if it had more songs on the "oldies" (50's & 60's) station. It seems to repeat only a small handful of songs. 

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, I have a lot I love but the three that I find myself listening to more than anything else is Psychedelic, Classic Jazz and Progressive (Especially from the UK) Rock is such a big genre so I'll listen to the song you have entered and give you some of mine from that genre. Oh I see LOL. You caught me with your selection given the title LOL. I think if I give you some of mine. (Keep in mind mine are oldies so they will sound different than yours) Iron Claw- Skullcrusher- 1970, Lot's of Drowning Pool, Bedemon- Serpent Venon-1973. (I have to remember to hit paste without formatting LOL) and lots of Led Zepplin. I hope you enjoy what have shared. I listen to some other stuff but I don't know if you want to hear that LOL.

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, I just reread your post. You like to hear women singers than you might like Coven there is a woman that sings Black Sabboth but it's  ProtoMetal but I just call it a Progressive or Prog tune.  (Don't judge me it you think it's too weird LOL)

0 Kudos

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, that's cool. Who are some of the folks you like?