cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

WindowKing
Local Performer
  • Name? Window King
  • Where you're from? Appleton, Wi.
  • What your favorite genre of music is? 80"s Rock
  • What you're currently listening to? The Fixx Radio
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Everything

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ambushvin The Community is one of my favorite parts of Pandora as well!

Thanks for sharing, and hope we continue to see you around some more! :pandora:

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're always excited to see some new faces around the Community, @WindowKing.

Thanks for sharing! 😁 

SilentProwler
Underground
  • Name? Maranda
  • Where you're from? Ohio
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Originally Country, now German Mittleralter-Rock/Folk
  • What you're currently listening to? This second?  Santiano's "Alle die mit uns auf Kaperfahrt fahren"...Basically says everyone in the pirate crew must have beards xD
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Offline listening + discovering new songs. Oh, and the lyrics when they have them.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for the introduction, @SilentProwler. 👍

My name is Alyssa and you can find my intro here.

We're happy to have you as a part of the Pandora Community. :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@SilentProwler  great to meet you, I have a nephew that just married a girl from Ohio back in May. They met while attending college in PA.

Well, any way, great to meet ya, hope to see you around the community more. Take care and stay safe.  

Moderator edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SilentProwler Offline listening is one of my favorite features as well - it's always nice to know music will be available to me even when I don't have any cell service. 😅

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

ChaplainHowardS
Opening Act

Alyssa, I've been listening to jazz piano and guitar on Pandora for over an hour now, and felt lonely, wanting to share some chat with other jazz fans.  I'm in Greenville, SC, in retirement, at 82, but feeling much younger as I listen to great music, by truly talented performers, like one I just discovered this evening, Alex De Grassi, on guitar.  

Cabledoc1
Local Performer

Hello, my name is Daniel Robbins . I'm from Sacramento,  California.  My favorite genre is classic rock but I love almost all genre's. Currently listening to my Google play thumbs up Playlist that I made public . Nice to meet you

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cabledoc1 Welcome to the Community. :pandora:

Feel free to share your playlist in the Playlist Swap section, and I'm sure others around the Community will be happy to give it a listen.

Hope we continue to see you around some more! 

I_love_puns
Local Performer

Hi!  I'm Pam from Delaware, and lately I've been listening to a lot of jazz and grunge, with some world beat mixed in for good measure.  Grooving to Peter Daou's Seventh Space right now.

I love the Autoplay feature, which has introduced me to many new artists and songs I might not have discovered otherwise.

Pleased to meet you all! 

@Cabledoc1  nice to meet you as well. I am from Up-State N.Y, lived here my whole life. My favorite genre is everything except for Rap, I just could never get a liking for it. I hope to see you around Pandora Community more, perhaps you would consider posting your GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day), at playlist swap. Your choices will be added to a playlist called GSOTD playlist. Well, You take care and stay safe.   

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

@I_love_puns , hello Pam, nice to meet you. My favorite genre of music is everything but Rap. I just could not get a liking for it. Speaking of listening to new music, you should try this playlist out. It is added to everyday. I have been posting GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) and been adding them to this playlist   download (2).jpg  https://pandora.app.link/DTjfWkX2fbb  just click on the link and enjoy some great tunes. By the way you can choose GSOTD and post them at that post. You will find your choices in this playlist once I add them. Something to think about. Well, take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Autoplay is definitely a favorite feature of mine as well, @I_love_puns.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😁 

Markfnc
Underground
  • Name? Mark

• Where you're from? Raleigh NC area
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Country/Contemporary Christian
  • What you're currently listening to? Conway Twitty Radio
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Been a Pandora listener since 2008.  Never wrote in hear before.  I like Pandora at work and in car. 

Question -how can you get rid of a specific commercial?  I cant stand the cat food commercial where the guy is makin the opening of wet cat food sound.  I don't have a cat, haven't done any searches for cats, and wouldn't buy that brand just for the commercial.   I am not going to the pay version, so i know ill hear commercials, but id like to not hear this one as it is not relative in any way.  

@Markfnc  nice to meet you. I like all music except for Rap.

I have a nephew that lives near the Outer Banks in N.C. I myself live in the beautiful Up-State N.Y, been here my whole life.

As far as the commercials and ads go, well, that is one reason why I became a premium customer, that, and the fact I love listening to my own personal playlists. Well I hope to see you around the Pandora community more. Take care and stay safe.  

Moderator edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

LilSouthern
Local Performer

Hayley Michelle, Louisiana, heavy metal, pop, radio top hit list, grunge, techno, honestly atm it’s totally silent... rare... and I’m not sure... I’m new and can’t figure out where all the musics at... 

Savo
Local Performer

FB_IMG_1588567158222~2.jpg

 i would love to indroduce myself my name is Isaac harrison also known as SaVo I'm a big **ahem** muzik head like a very big one and I don't just have one favorite genre of muzik I'm a bug fan of all muzik except the hard rock **ahem** lmao and I'm currently listening to up coming rappers and the other I'm listening to is rod wave I love that dude's muzik speaks to me n a different way then anyone's muzik has n a very long **ahem** time 

postrandomstuff
Underground

Hi, my name  is Benn and I am from Kansas.  I like pop music. I am listening  to Luke Combs.

Poprocks
Opening Act

Trevor Piel

I'm from Vacaville

Alternative Rock

IDK how.& kazztek

And playlists are my favorite thing still, besides here