cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

yunvCEO
Underground

Jae'Tee

Oakland, CA

R&B

Yellow Brick Road- Yung Tray 

Depends

yunvCEO

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @UncleBud @yunvCEO @DaneProphet. 👋🏽

Thanks for sharing your introductions!

You can check out my intro here.

Hope we continue to see you around some more. 😁

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@yunvCEO  Welcome Jae'Tee! I'm not be new to Pandora but I'm still new to the community. Just thought I'd take a moment to say Hello.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Pandora Community, @UncleBud @yunvCEO @DaneProphet. 👋

My name is Alyssa and I'm one of the community moderators. You can find my intro here.

If you enjoy making playlists, feel free to check out some of our playlist challenges. The most recent challenges include:

Hope everyone is having a great day, see ya around the community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

FireGhost0319
Local Performer

Jeremy A.

Texas, luv all music but big NF fan and Rock N Roll guy. 

Music 

UncleBud
Chart Topper

IMG_20210601_115718.jpg

 I just wanted to add a photo of my girl Zola.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Hey @Cyonide  that's got to be the coolest name I've ever heard. Anyway, welcome to the community. I also really like the offline listening on Pandora. When I go to the river with my family I take my favorite stations with me. I hope you'll check out some of the other posts. We'd love to see you around.

This is an edit. I realized your post was older. 

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@FireGhost0319 Hi Jeremy. I pretty much enjoy most music. Welcome to the community.

Roci
Underground

Well, Skillet is a hard Christian rock band. I'm not usually into that kind of sound. But it definitely fits my mood these days.

Roci
Underground
  • Name? Roci (prodounced Rocky)
  • Where you're from? Southern Indiana
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Favorite?? Varies depending on my mood
  • What you're currently listening to? Skillet Radio on Pandora
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? The favorites feature

sethbowers
Underground

hELLO i AM FROM chicago

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@sethbowers Hey Seth! Welcome to the community. What types of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite feature about Pandora? We'd love to hear more from you. You can also check out some of the other posts here in the community. Hope to see you around. Peace!

Roci
Underground
I'm from southern Indiana

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@Roci Hey I'm from the Upstate of South Carolina. I'm about 4 hours away from the beaches in my state.

sethbowers
Underground

Hi UncleBud. Fixed my caps lock! Gamer y'know.

I suppose I listen to all sorts of music... I dunno... I listen to music. My fav feature really is just that my wife and I can create competing stations. We've been P listeners for 10+ years, maybe 30+ stations. A lot of alt/punk/underground... reggae, rock, I dunno.

Currently listening to & caught up in psychedelic stuff from 1971. https://youtu.be/6FkG8gIz3zQ

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@sethbowers. You sound like me when it comes to music. I really listen to a variety of music. Today I've been in an "Irish" mood (lol) and I've been listening to my "Celtic Thunder" station.

sethbowers
Underground

I'm waiting for a plumber and sorta stumbled across the Pandora forum... looks like I posted something earlier. Who knew?!

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@parmic7555  Hey Mikey. I somehow missed your intro so I came back today to find it. Seems we're sort of neighbors. I'm from SC. Anyway, I had noticed you've thumbs up some of my comments. Thank you! It is good to meet someone close to home. Also I don't know what Dubstep is. I'm 55 and listen to all sorts of music. Maybe someone will school this dinosaur on that. Anyway just wanted to personally say hi.

@UncleBud here is what Dubstep means. 

Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London in the early 2000s. It is generally characterized by sparse, syncopated rhythmic patterns with prominent sub-bass frequencies. The style emerged as an offshoot of UK garage, drawing on a lineage of related styles such as 2-step and dub reggae, as well as jungle, broken beat, and grime. In the United Kingdom, the origins of the genre can be traced back to the growth of the Jamaican sound system party scene in the early 1980s. (Source of definition is from Wikipedia) Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Thank you @MOHLovesAlaska . I'll have to check Pandora out later on to see of I can find a Dubstep station. I'm always interested in expanding my music appreciation by checking out things new to me.