cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpopular Music Opinion

DATM
Underground

What are your unpopular music opinion(s)?  I'll give you 2 of mine....First:  Rihanna is, and has ALWAYS been, much more talented and beautiful than Beyonce.  Beyonce shined best when she was part of Destiny's Child...

.Second:  Nirvana really isn't THAT great of a band.  Alice In Chains was and IS better.  "Dirt" was the single best album of the 90s.

10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lol, @DATM. The Rihanna and Beyonce conversation can stir the pot! I love both artists and think they're talented. Rihanna is very different (background, genres of music, style) from Beyonce. It really just depends what kind of vibe you're going for. 

I don't know much about Nirvana so I won't comment on that.

Are you familiar with Nickelback? Why do people hate that band so much? 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.02.24)

leefarrell
Opening Act
Those are some bold takes!

Here’s mine: I think classic rock is overrated.

There are tons of great bands and genres out there that get overshadowed by the constant focus on Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones.

Also, I think some of the most memorable pop hits are better than people give them credit for, even if they seem cheesy at first.

joshy
Opening Act

listen to  this Playlist called sad it has some good songs in it .

تخسا
0 Kudos

Rxnin
Opening Act

I like some of Nirvana's songs but I also agree that Alice in Chains is really good. They're both on the same level for me tbh

(p.s. I prefer AiC's Would and Dirt to most Nirvana songs any day it's just those special, like, 5 songs that I really like by them) 

joshy
Opening Act

I'm here and there for songs 

تخسا
0 Kudos

DATM
Underground
Lol funny you mention them. I'm completely baffled why now both Nickelback
AND Creed are now loved and cherished. While both have at least one tune
that I can listen to, I've never bought or owned any of their albums.

joshy
Opening Act

can u give me a music  ideas 

تخسا
0 Kudos

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, not a big fan of either because I haven't listen to their stuff yet (one song by Beyonce that was a remake of Dolly Parton)  That's my homework though because I want to be fair before I make my choice.

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, now you are talking. I love both bands; however I agree with you. I've always felt commercial artist (Popular Music) overshadow other artist especially the underground.

Bellfire05
Opening Act

Hey, I read an article NPR put online. (I tried to find the answer online because I've never heard them.) I'm not much on keeping up with all the artists but I listen to most genres. The article stated, while the band is very popular the sound became or was already outdated. It's sounds alot like what happened with the BeeGees. They had a great sound but were tied in with a genre that alot of people were just plain sick of which was disco. People felt Disco was so radio greedy that it knocked all the other types of music off the air. Everywhere and everything was all Disco all the time and other genres didn't get their fair share of play. The Disco comparison was mine exclusively and I power-phrased the NPR article. Just type in why Nickelback is so hated and you should be able to pull up the article.