cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are new features? Pandora is stagnant

chongo228
Underground

I've been using a friends account on your biggest competitor and their app and user interface is SPOT on (see what I did there?). Seriously, I've been using Pandora for years and the only new feature is this Artist curated modes? That is all we get? Really?  I'm pretty sure these modes just steer us into songs that are cheaper for Pandora to play. 

How about the ability to...

1) Shuffle between modes within the same station (Artist only, deep cuts, crowd favs etc). Listen to the same mode for more than a day and the same songs play over and over. It's so repetitive I sometimes wonder if anyone at Pandora even uses their own app. 

2) Show the next song in a thumbnail at the bottom of the screen.

3) Allow me to use my phone like a remote when using the desktop or the app on my Tv (skip songs, stations etc).

These are just a few....I'm sure these forums are filled with suggestions you have ignored. Give us something new, anything new. If I didn't have to switch all the accounts on my family plan I'd jump ship already to the competition. I pay the same money for an app (and desktop) that is stagnant and isn't being improved. If you want to catch up to the competition actually compete with them!!!! Show this to someone that can make decisions over there!!!!

Bonus if you add the ability to play the music video to each song....I'd pay more for this feature. 

and please get rid of the artist curated mode.....it's annoying. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @chongo228! Thanks for posting to community.

I've moved your post over to our Community Chat board. When posting a feature request it's best to break up your feedback into separate posts, one for each of your ideas. This lets users specifically vote on the ideas they'd like to see for Pandora and helps us aggregate stats when we pass along info to our product teams.

I did a little digging and found a couple of feature request posts that are similar to your ideas. Feel free to vote and/or add a comment. If you don't see a post that's related, feel free to make a new one.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
~ Check out Pandora Top Thumb Hundred Chart

> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@chongo228 Sorry to hear you're not enjoying Pandora as much as I do. I noticed you mentioned the modes. You should be able to switch to artist only, deep cuts, etc. by simply switching modes when you want to. 

I have some stations that I've created that I started out in artist only mode then I added variety to it by selecting a different mode. Now when I'm listening to stations like this, I choose how I want to listen to the station simply by switching modes. 

I see you're a premium member like me so you should be able to switch between modes without problems. It might have to do with the type of device you're using to access Pandora.

chongo228
Underground

Yep, I know about the modes and how to add variety. I'd like it to shuffle between modes during the work day without having to go mess with the computer to change modes.

My post isn't a specific feature request, it's more of a any feature request. The only notable difference in the last year is the curated modes. Other streaming services have much better and polished platforms. 

0 Kudos