cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brave: Music plays with static through speakers

bt_twisted
Local Performer

only static comes through the speakers when i use pandora through brave browser on windows computer

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Salix-Dreaming
Local Performer

It appears to be an issue with the Brave Browser ad blocking and privacy protections. If you turn those off for the website, it works fine.

Edit: Switch from aggresive to standard block for fingerprinting under your advanced option under shields for the pandora website. That worked for me at least.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bt_twisted I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Is this only an issue when streaming Pandora on Brave, or do you experience similar issues over other browsers (ex: Google Chrome)?

Also, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other websites such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching YouTube and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

Salix-Dreaming
Local Performer

It appears to be an issue with the Brave Browser ad blocking and privacy protections. If you turn those off for the website, it works fine.

Edit: Switch from aggresive to standard block for fingerprinting under your advanced option under shields for the pandora website. That worked for me at least.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this tip, @Salix-Dreaming. It'll be helpful for any other community friends that may run into this issue. I've gone ahead and marked your post as the accepted solution for this thread. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos