cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering issues.

cccarter69
Underground

I have been listening to Pandora for many years and haven't had an issue, but lately I am not able to listen hardly at all. I log in and it shows everything like normal, but the songs never start and it is just buffering. Sometimes I can get it to work doing a refresh of the page, but that only works for a song or two and goes back to buffering. I have logged out and back in, cleared my history and cookies. I finally get fed up and use a different source for my music. I don't want to keep paying for a subscription if I can't even use it. It has been just this last month or so. Is there something going on with the website?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cccarter69. 👋

Looks like you selected Windows as a label on your post. It sounds like you're using a Windows computer device.

Could you tell me a bit more about how you're listening?

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  • Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Thanks for your help with this!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

cccarter69
Underground

I use the website. I am using the latest update of Google Chrome. I don't get an error message. It will say buffering down at the bottom or it will just stop playing all together. Sometimes it will still show that it is playing, right in the middle of the song, but there is no sound anymore. It is really strange. I am using the website at home and at work with the same website and Chrome. I have checked our internet connection on both and it is sufficient. I can play other sources of music and they play just fine. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cccarter69 Appreciate you taking the time to send over those helpful details.

I would recommend running through these steps for your Chrome browser to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing. 

Let me know if these steps help. Thanks for sticking with me on this!

0 Kudos

cccarter69
Underground

Thank you Alyssa for your help. I did clear everything out and I have the most updated version of Chrome as I have stated. Pandora is on my list of approved in pop up blocker and safe sites. Pandora is allowed in my firewall. It does the same issue in Firefox. I have even tried Explorer. 

None of these things changed in the last month to explain why after years of using Pandora this way, it is having an issue now. But, I ran through the suggested steps again and it has not changed. 

Any other ideas to help? 

Thank you again. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cccarter69 Someone from our User Support team reached out to you via email as we'll need to get a diagnostic for your Chrome web browser to share with our engineering team. 

Please follow up via the email you received so that we can report your issue. 📬Thanks for your patience during this process! 

0 Kudos

BTasJL
Local Performer

Can you help me too I am stuck with the same issue??

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @BTasJL. 👋

Sorry that you're having trouble with buffering.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you using the Desktop App? If so, do you have a Windows or MAC computer?
  • Or, are you using a web browser? Which one?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

AverageOtter
Local Performer

I have been having the same problem. After many years of use now it is not working at all. I use the latest Opera GX browser on my windows PC with sufficient internet, and the same happens on my Google Pixel 3XL (which is not a service issue) latest pandora App. I've followed the previous steps you've given.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @AverageOtter. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening.

For your Opera web browser, I would recommend checking out the accepted solution in this thread, and the minimum web specifications:

++

I wasn't clear about which steps you've tried out. For your Google Pixel device, have you tried running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here?

If you continue to have trouble after those steps, please let me know as I can share this with our Android engineering team. I'll need the following details:

• Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you received any error messages other than buffering?
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dragonknight
Local Performer

I have tried all of these too and still have this issue too. i pay for the family plan and have multiple people having this issue on my plan where it just stops playing and start buffering. i have tried reaching out with email with no replies and am honestly getting really frustrated at this point as it is starting to happen almost every hour now......

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dragonknight. 👋

Sorry for any frustration this has caused. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Could you share more about how you're listening?

• Are you using a MAC or Windows Computer?
  • The Pandora desktop app?
  • Or, are you using a browser? If so, which one?

++

It also looks like you've already been in touch with a member from our User Support team via email. Someone has already responded - if you haven't received their response yet, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 🎧

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos