cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Poor Audio Quality

qualitySoundPlz
Local Performer

Hello,

I've been paying on Pandora's Premium service for YEARS. I'm listening through my Chrome browser and the audio is terrible. When I switch to the same song (same album, same day, same ear devices) on YouTube, the quality is markedly better, so this is not an issue with my network. I'm not even that picky about audio quality as other friends I have but Pandora now sounds like the sound is "muffled" like through a filter with static-like distortion. I don't ever recall the quality being this bad on Pandora. Can someone please check my account to ensure my Premium account is delivering the quality I signed up for?

By the way, this is my first time contacting Support/Community about any issues whatsoever in the many years of using the service. But if this is not resolved soon, I will be switching to another streaming music provider.

-qualitySoundPlz

PS. Why is there no desktop app for Pandora (like on Apple's App Store)? Perhaps it's a Chrome thing, however, I don't want to have to use my phone for everything, so hoping for a Desktop solution. Thanks.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @qualitySoundPlz. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience. 

Desktop App:

We offer a Pandora Desktop for both Windows 10 and MAC computers. To download the app, feel free to visit our page here. I've also included instructions below.

On Mac:

You can install the Pandora desktop app from a Mac computer here.

Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

*Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.

On Windows:

You can find the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

++

Audio Quality:

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the sound quality. For listeners accessing Pandora from a computer, Ad-supported Pandora is 64kbps AAC+, while Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers have the option of 192kbps.

This sounds like a new issue for you. I would recommend running through these steps to see if it helps resolve it: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos