cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Streaming + Buffering Issues

jfeen82
Local Performer

Hello, I'm having a few issues playing music on Google Chrome. First, after ever song it says buffering and I have to manually hit the pause/play button to get the song to play. Also, sometimes songs will start playing anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes into the song and it will change to the next song before the current song even ends. This is so frustrating. Please help.

I've also tried restarting my computer and clearing the browser history.

mod edit: merged comments + changed title for clarity
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jfeen82 @beladona. 👋

I know how frustrating this can be. I would recommend trying out the steps below, if you haven't already.

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

beladona
Local Performer

I have also started having this issue, just this morning, in CHROME Version 107.0.5304.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jfeen82 @beladona. 👋

I know how frustrating this can be. I would recommend trying out the steps below, if you haven't already.

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

jfeen82
Local Performer

The only thing that worked on this list was using a different browser. Microsoft Edge worked. I dont really want to use that though.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @jfeen82 

Thanks for trying those steps out. It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 
  1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! 
Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

beladona
Local Performer

Updating CHROME seems to have helped, but I had to reboot for it to kick in. 

The directions on how to clear cache for a single site on CHROME doesn't seem to work, incidentally.  

Thank you for your time and patience!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @beladona. I will share this information with the appropriate party. I'm glad to hear those steps helped. 🙌 Enjoy the tunes and have a great weekend!

0 Kudos