cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Sorting Options

downside
Local Performer

Main question: does the Windows app provide the ability to organize the collection (beyond just sorting)?

I mostly use Pandora (Premium) on my Windows 10 desktop, just using the web site. It's fine for my purposes, but there is one feature I'd really like that's not provided: the ability to organize my collection by genres or whatever. I'm thinking of a folder-type capability, where I could, for instance, have a folder for shoegaze.

I probably don't want to bother getting and installing the app if it doesn't provide that feature. But I'm interested in whether the app has any other features that make it better than the web. If there is a web vs. app feature comparison here somewhere please direct me to it. Thanks. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @downside. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this. 

Sorting from the Desktop App + Web:

• You can also sort your content under My Collection.
  • Select AlbumsSongsStations or Playlists and then sort your list using the caret on the far right of your screen. Please note that you can't currently sort your collection by Artists; these are listed alphabetically by default.
  • Most content can be sorted by A-Z and Recently Collected (added); Stations can also be sorted by Recently Played and Most Listened.

I'd love to see more sorting options with Premium (on web and the desktop app). At this time, sorting by genre or with folders aren't a feature of Pandora. 

You may be interested in upvoting some of these existing sorting feature requests. I've also upvoted a few of these: 

To upvote feature suggestions, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request. For more information about how feature requests work on the community, feel free to check out this infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Using Pandora from a browser and the Desktop app have the same features. For me, I personally prefer to use the Pandora Desktop App instead of having an additional tab open in my browser.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @downside. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this. 

Sorting from the Desktop App + Web:

• You can also sort your content under My Collection.
  • Select AlbumsSongsStations or Playlists and then sort your list using the caret on the far right of your screen. Please note that you can't currently sort your collection by Artists; these are listed alphabetically by default.
  • Most content can be sorted by A-Z and Recently Collected (added); Stations can also be sorted by Recently Played and Most Listened.

I'd love to see more sorting options with Premium (on web and the desktop app). At this time, sorting by genre or with folders aren't a feature of Pandora. 

You may be interested in upvoting some of these existing sorting feature requests. I've also upvoted a few of these: 

To upvote feature suggestions, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request. For more information about how feature requests work on the community, feel free to check out this infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Using Pandora from a browser and the Desktop app have the same features. For me, I personally prefer to use the Pandora Desktop App instead of having an additional tab open in my browser.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

downside
Local Performer

Thanks. I will check out those feature requests and no doubt upvote some if not all of them. By the way, I looked at the reviews of the desktop app in the Microsoft store and there are really a lot of very negative ones. I'll just stick with the web interface as I don't mind having the open tab.