cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Buffering and Skipping

MystiqueBlack
Local Performer

All Morning I have been listening to Pandora, and it keep buffering and skipping, I am using a Windows Pc and I have tried the desktop app, as well as the website. This is getting ridiculous, is this what premium customers get? I have checked my internet connection and speeds, they are all good to go. The weather is good, sunny very little wind. So I do not understand what is going on or why. This is not ok. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora

@MystiqueBlack I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

drdarsey
Local Performer

We use pandora to play in the office on a MAC computer throughout the day while patients are in office. Lately, Pandora has been skipping a lot. I have tried to switch browsers and clear cookies/cache and it did not help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@drdarsey Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. What browser(s) are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

drdarsey
Local Performer

Hi Adam! I have been switching back and forth from Safari and Google. I have also cleared the data/cookies/cache on Google, but do not know how to do so on Safari. However, after doing this Google still has the same issue. Also, the computer is completey shut down daily and has the issue as soon as it is turned on and pandora is opened on either browser.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up, @drdarsey.

Troubleshooting Suggestions:

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more - here are steps for both Chrome and Safari:

Let me know how it goes.

Streaming Pandora in a Business Setting:

We appreciate you making Pandora a part of your business.

Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings such as a business through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Pandora for Business also ensures that you have the proper licenses to play music in your public setting. Due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) can only legally be used to play music in a personal and private setting. Businesses, including non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must all have the proper licenses to play music, which also fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rights holders.

Use of Pandora in a commercial setting is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, please click here.

lindsaydegrood
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I also have had buffering/skipping issues with Pandora lately. I've cleared my cache & cookies. I've also switched from Chrome to Edge for a browser and still the same thing. I'm using it in a personal setting.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @lindsaydegrood. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering buffering and skipping during your listening sessions.

It sounds like the issue could be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora. 

Please try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube without any issues?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (10.14.24)