cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Content Doesn't Resume After Pausing

Saylabee
Underground

Same issue. If I am listening to a podcast, pause it, click to resume....it starts from the beginning again. I'm listening from a desktop app, Windows, no error message.

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saylabee I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

To clarify, does this only happen when using the Windows desktop app? Can you please try reproducing on our website and see if you run into similar issues?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, let's have you also run through some troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue you are experiencing on the desktop app.

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Saylabee
Underground

The website does the same thing. I have uninstalled and re-installed and it's still doing the same thing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for trying that out, @Saylabee.

Also, does this happen with all podcasts, or only one?

If only one, what is the name of the podcast this happens with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Saylabee
Underground

All of them. I also tried it with music and it does the same thing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saylabee That's very helpful to know this doesn't only happen with podcasts.

It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos