mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @curtwpk!

Thanks for posting and it seems like you're referring to offline listening.

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

However, offline listening is not available on a desktop/laptop computer. The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

Please check out Tanner's Tips: #7 Offline Mode for more information on offline listening.

Hope this explains!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

6 Replies

GeraldPandora

Hi @curtwpk!

Thanks for posting and it seems like you're referring to offline listening.

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

However, offline listening is not available on a desktop/laptop computer. The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

Please check out Tanner's Tips: #7 Offline Mode for more information on offline listening.

Hope this explains!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

DFerris
Local Performer

Why would this feature not be present on the desktop app? Personally, I upgraded my subscription just so I can download music to my pc. Now I have to download it on my mobile device first and transfer to my PC...It doesn't make sense. Downgrading sub.

0 Kudos

kdm707
Local Performer

I have Premium and I originally had downloaded stations.  Now when I'm off line I get only 2 or 3 of them available to me.  So I went to My Collection and tried to download more stations, but there is no download button ANYWHERE.  I've clicked and right clicked and left clicked and I can't download stations.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdm707 You should be able to download stations on your mobile device.

This being said, I see you mentioned you are unable to click, right click, or left click.

To clarify, are you attempting to download stations on your computer?

If so, that isn't possible.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

kdm707
Local Performer

I'm not trying to download the stations, I'm trying to make them available for listening off line, whatever that process is called.  I'm trying to do that on my computer.  Should I be using my phone?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdm707 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Download Music for Offline Listening

Offline listening is not available on a desktop/laptop computer. The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

Check out the accepted solution for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos