cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Duplicate Song Alert for Playlists

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi,  while listening to music on my iPhone I tried to add the song to my playlist.   I had a window pop up to tell me that I already had the song on my Playlist.    I was blown away as I've been asking for a long time to have this option  added to Pandora on my computer.

So I'm wondering why we don't have that option available to us now on the computer.    The powers that be must have realised it is a very necessary function if they have added it to Pandora on the iPhone.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @daleslad. 👋

You are correct - this is a feature on iOS. However, it is not available on Web at this time.

Other listeners would love to see this option implemented and have created a feature request Web: Alert for Duplicate Songs on Playlists

I would recommend upvoting the suggestion to express your interest. To upvote the idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Hope this info is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @daleslad. 👋

You are correct - this is a feature on iOS. However, it is not available on Web at this time.

Other listeners would love to see this option implemented and have created a feature request Web: Alert for Duplicate Songs on Playlists

I would recommend upvoting the suggestion to express your interest. To upvote the idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Hope this info is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Alyssa.  Maybe this will come to fruition one of these years. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Same here! I've upvoted that idea as well. I think it would be a great addition. 👍

0 Kudos

EdCottingham
Local Performer

Personally, I do not want a "prevent" duplicates function.  What I want is a "warn" when trying to add duplicates.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Agreed, @EdCottingham. I can update the title of the feature request to include a duplicate warning alert instead. Thanks for the suggestion! 👍

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Ed, that is exactly what it does,   it warns you that you are about to add a duplicate song.   You can still go ahead and add it if you want to.   

0 Kudos