cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Help with finding and tuning new stations

HelpMe4Real
Local Performer

I've been a Pandora listener since it started. The interface has sure changed lately.

I'm looking for a station for listening to in the morning, like morning meditations or the like. A search brings up a whole bunch of them. Most of them have the same or similar name. As I try each one out, I know right away I don't like some. But they have been automatically added to my collection. Now I have to go in and try to delete them which gets confusing when they have the same name as others. I delete the station, hit the back button to go back to the search results and the station starts to play again and gets added again. This has been an unpleasant experience. It used to be so easy, I could listen to a bunch of stations and choose to add a certain one, no troubles.

What is the best way to go about finding and adding a new station? I don't have this much time to spend on it.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

HelpMe4Real
Local Performer

Thanks for your help! I feel dumb because it took me a while, but I figured out that I can click the play button on the search results list instead of clicking the station name and that way it doesn't go to the page, it just starts playing. If I don't like the station, I can click the 3 dots on the right of that search result and remove it. That works pretty well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @HelpMe4Real 

Welcome to community!

Sorry for any trouble. Something to note on web, when you remove a station and then hit the back button, it takes you to the previous page you were just on. So, the station you just removed will likely come back.

I've passed along your feedback around this experience. There is also feedback in our Ideas board around stations being automatically added to your Collection. Feel free to give this a vote by tapping on the heart - Ideas: Stop automatic station adds when playing them for the first time.

In the meantime, you can create a new station based on a favorite track or artist that you currently listen to. Or when using Search, tap the station name, which will take you to the Station's backstage page. From here you can view the artists and tracks the station is based on before pressing playing.

You can also use Browse to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you. You can find Browse next to My Collection on the home screen of our website

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

HelpMe4Real
Local Performer

Thanks for your help! I feel dumb because it took me a while, but I figured out that I can click the play button on the search results list instead of clicking the station name and that way it doesn't go to the page, it just starts playing. If I don't like the station, I can click the 3 dots on the right of that search result and remove it. That works pretty well.

TannerPandora

Happy you were able to find a solution, @HelpMe4Real! 😊

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos