cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Music Plays at Low Volume

zz
Local Performer

It plays in very low volume. It still plays after I logout and restart PC!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @oxalated. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience too.

I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your Pandora account. While this is super inconvenient, could you please try uninstalling / reinstalling again?

The trace will gather more details about what's happening and be helpful -- in case we need to report your issue to our engineering team.

++

Once you've done that and if you're still having trouble, would you mind providing more info about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Appreciate your help with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zz I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the community tidy. 

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

If you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

oxalated
Local Performer

mine also plays very low volume with the app specifically. I tried all different headphones and reinstalled the app. Compared the spotify and apple musics, the music on pandora is such a low volume. I am not able to use it especially during my workouts because the volume is so low.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @oxalated. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience too.

I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your Pandora account. While this is super inconvenient, could you please try uninstalling / reinstalling again?

The trace will gather more details about what's happening and be helpful -- in case we need to report your issue to our engineering team.

++

Once you've done that and if you're still having trouble, would you mind providing more info about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Appreciate your help with this! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Tsantee
Local Performer

Ok,I'll delete and reload the app

Mines the same way. Does anyone know the fix

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tsantee I'm happy to look into this for you.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

g4007
Local Performer

At some point Pandora began starting up at half volume. I prefer to have Windows and apps at full volume and control the volume with the knob on my speakers. Might anyone know if there's a way to get it to start at full volume?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @g4007. 👋

Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.

• If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.
  • If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

If the issue persists, how are you listening when this happens?

Are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10 or MAC?

Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

g4007
Local Performer

Okay, one more attempt at explaining my issue. Pandora plays fine. I'm using Firefox on a Windows 10 PC. My issue is that Pandora's volume control located in the lower right corner of the screen starts at half volume by default. So every time I start Pandora, I have to drag it up to full volume so that I can control the volume with my speaker's volume control. Is there a way to tell it to start at full volume by default.

0 Kudos

g4007
Local Performer

I just realized my issue was placed under a low volume thread. Like I explained that's not exactly my issue. (Not Sure how to start a new thread.) I thought if there is no way of setting default volume when Pandora starts up, I my have had the only solution for it. I had my cookies clearing when I closed my browser. I created an exception for Pandora and it seemed to save the volume setting from the last session, but for some reason that only works about every other Pandora start up. Weird.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying that information, @g4007.

At this time, there isn't a default volume setting when using Pandora. 

Are you using a bookmark when listening to Pandora from your Firefox browser? 

0 Kudos

g4007
Local Performer

Normally yes. However, I did just for the heck of it try typing in Pandora.com and it gives the same results. (Sometimes it saves the previous volume setting and sometimes not.) That is of course, when allowing cookies to be saved from Pandora. Otherwise it never keeps the previous volume settings.

0 Kudos