cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: No Sound for Saved Songs on Mac

dogiedog1
Local Performer

My downloaded stations are working just fine, but when I try to Shuffle my songs, no sound plays. The songs say they're playing, they have no trouble loading the next one, but there's no sound. The same is true when I try to play an album. Previously created stations that aren't downloaded are having no trouble with the sound. What can be done to fix this? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dogiedog1 I moved your post over to the Desktop space since you mentioned you are listening on a Mac computer.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a Mac computer, are you listening from:
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

aneal000
Underground

I'm having the same issue.   Downloaded songs play but the rest show that they are playing but there is no sound.  I've gone through the general safari troubleshooting guide and cleared, checked and restarted everything.  Still same results.  Everything works fine with my account on my phone.  This is only on Safari. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @aneal000. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

It sounds like you're referring to your collected songs. You won't be able to download from a computer as this is a feature of mobile (for offline listening).

Based on your original message, you've tried out: Safari Troubleshooting

Have you tried using an alternate browser like Chrome or Firefox? This will help us determine whether this is browser-related.

Another option is to try using the Pandora Desktop for MAC computers. If you're interested, you can find out more information here: Pandora Desktop App

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

aneal000
Underground

Hi, thanks for the quick response.  I've only ever used Safari on my Mac. I don't have another browser and I do not have the app.  I've used pandora on this laptop for years with no issues.  Then all of a sudden it stopped.  Under My Collection - if the blue circle/check mark is present it plays.  If that is not present it looks like it plays - shows playing and counting time into the song - but no sound and an error message shows up (even though it appears to keep playing): We are experiencing trouble playing audio. If problems persist check your internet connection and refresh the browser.

I've obviously tried everything and am connected as I'm responding to this on the same computer. I'm at a loss and really don't want the app or another browser. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aneal000 No worries - I completely understand where you're coming from. I asked to try another browser so we can determine whether this is related to Safari only. 

Another option is to try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep us updated. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos