cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Premium Session Length

philmobet
Underground

Hello,

I published my first Pandora playlist today.

When I play it back a commercial comes up first and then it plays for about 20 minutes of the hour long playlist.

After the stop it switches to some random, and unrelated, music and never returns to my playlist.

It does not offer the option of watching a second commercial and then resuming the playlist.

I've tried this on 3 different devices and the playlist stops at the same place each time and plays random music. Any work around this so the whole playlist gets heard?

Thanks for the help,

Phil K.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @philmobet. 👋

I moved your post over to the Desktop space to keep everything organized.

Something to keep in mind, there's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. Due to licensing restrictions, we also have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person. If you're hitting a limit on how many sessions you can initiate, it means you've used quite a few of these sessions lately.

For more information about how complimentary sessions of Premium work, you can check out this helpful article: Premium Sessions

If you want more information about a longer Premium trial, feel free to let me know as your account is eligible for a 6-month trial of Premium at the cost of Plus. Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

philmobet
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm feeling a bit stuck at the moment and wondering if you might have a thought.

When I cut and paste the link for my playlist it does come up on all devices.

However, experimenting on 2 desktops and 2 laptops the playlist stops after playing the voice introduction.

On 2 different iPhones and an ipad the playlist will play the voice intro and then the first six songs but this only happens if I go to the main Pandora site and enter the name of the playlist in the search field.

Using the link just doesn't work. I also asked a friend to try on his system and he had the same problem as far using the link. It never came up.

Do you think there is a setting I can tweak or some other work around?

I would like to promote this on FB and have a good sized fan base but am reluctant to go forward

unless they can have a experience.

Appreciate any guidance you may have.

Thanks,

Phil

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @philmobet. 👋

Something to keep in mind, if you don't have Premium, enabling the session will allow you to listen for a certain time period before it reverts back to your normal experience. If you have Premium, you should be able to listen to the playlist all the way through. Listening to playlists (and on-demand content) is only a feature of Premium.

Could you share the playlist link so that I can take a look?

You can also just share the name of the playlist and I can take a look on your account.

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

philmobet
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks you for following up with this.

The link to my narrated playlist is: https://pandora.app.link/4N2iuDidOfb

I have had 2 problems with this link.

1. Once the playlist is called up clicking on the play button and nothing happens

2. Once on the playlist click on the play button only the voice intro plays. No music happens.

Even clicking play on the first song, after the voice intro, does nothing.

To summarize my experience this is what happens, including 2 friends I have sent the link to:

1. Desktops and laptops don't work at all. Nothing plays

2. phones and ipads will work but only if going to the Pandora site and typing the name of the playlist into the search field. Link doesn't call anything up.

I realize, now, that having Premium service eliminates some or all of these issues.

But would like to promote on my FB page and am a bit nervous attaching a list of instructions.

I'm afraid it may be too cumbersome for people to bother with but that's only a guess.

Many thanks for your ongoing help.

Best Regards,

Phil Klein

philmobet
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

I've done a little experimenting since I wrote last and don't want you to waste a bunch of time when there may be an easy fix.

I have one other playlist which is basically the same as we've been talking about except it isn't

narrated. All the links work just fine and on all devices.

So I'm thinking something got corrupted in the making of the narrated version.

I did do a fair amount of replacing of voice tracks and reordering of songs before publishing. Perhaps, something got screwed up in the process.

It seems the best thing to do is build another narrated version and see if

it works better than the existing one. I'm thinking it will.

If you have time, please let me know what you think but I will probably try to get this done over the weekend.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Best,

Phil K.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @philmobet. 👋

I checked out your playlist a minutes ago. I was able to listen to the narrated introduction and then, the first track played directly after - Sparks and Fascination. By the way, this is a very nice playlist and something I will now be listening to myself (thanks for sharing).

The link works for me on the computer from a web browser. The direct link for your playlist is: https://www.pandora.com/playlist/PL:98422785507852609:1213237808

Let me know if you updated this version or created a new one. 🎧

philmobet
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

You have been so helpful, thank you.

You asked that I check in with you if I replace my original playlist with a new one. I want to make some improvements so here's a link to the new version:

https://pandora.app.link/S6HV1E0gggb

This one is narrated and I pop in after every two songs and describe some back story

and mention some of the well known musicians from Santana and others bands who contributed

some fine performances to these tracks.

You mentioned being a jazz fan so if you like this music there is also a separate playlist with no narration

if you just want to hear the music uninterrupted. Here's the link for that one:

https://pandora.app.link/E2vnLFnhggb

Thanks for your ongoing support.

Best Regards,

Phil Klein

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very nice! @philmobet I appreciate the follow up on this one.

I really enjoyed the first version, and thank you for sharing. You have a nice speaking voice and the playlist is great to listen to as I work. 👍

Feel free to reach out if you need anything else! 🎧