cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Songs Are Shortened from the Original

1sunnyJ
Local Performer

I JUST started the basic 'paid' level of Pandora after many years of using the free version.  I also installed the Pandora App, so I can listen offline.  I am noticing 2 issues. 

1. There is a 'hiccup' or quick pause about 2 bars into songs.

2. Songs are shortened from the original recorded length, sometimes as with classical pieces, severely.

I thought I might enjoy the 'ad free' version, as my ad blockers were being defeated, and I had developed many 'stations' that I truly enjoyed.  But if this is the way you treat paying customers, I'm out!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @1sunnyJ. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

It looks like you selected that you're listening from the Windows Desktop app on your computer. 

• Does this happen with all of the classical pieces you listen to on Pandora?
  • If the classical piece length is 8 minutes and 30 seconds, are you only hearing 3 minutes?
  • Could you clarify more about how the songs are shortened from the original recorded length?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

1sunnyJ
Local Performer

Pandora support has been 'trying' to sort it out.  Songs are randomly shortened, or truncated.   I have un/reinstalled the app, run a troubleshoot session, and made sure Adobe Flash was 'on'.  It is intermittent, but seems from my perspective that the app freezes, and or goes into buffering, sometimes even a minute or two before the 'song' ends, and I loose audio until the next song starts.  I am unable to understand why buffering would be an issue, as I am directly hard wired to my Spectrum cable, and the only user of this account.  As well, I am able to play full HD streaming video without buffering.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1sunnyJ Thanks for the follow up. I do see that you've been in touch with a member from our User Support team via email. However, it sounds like you're still having trouble. I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into this issue.

In the meantime, I'm going to report your issue over to our engineering team for further review.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Stopthrobospons
Underground

I don’t get it. Literally every song is shortened down to 2-3 minutes, with a good majority even under the 2 minute mark. Same problem on every station. Except when Metallica comes on of course. I thought it was only because I went back to the free version, but if you’re having the same issue being a paid member, I’m definitely not going back. Most songs are cut so short it can’t possibly be solos/instrumentals. Not to mention I know most of the songs for a fact Have more than 1-2 verses and only one play through of the chorus between them. Just a ploy to get more ads in for the free users I’m sure and they ended up applying whatever they’re doing to all users. Even then, there’s 2 thirty second ads every other song on the free version, with millions of users ad that much as time they’re making money hand over fist, yet still feel the need to rob the “little people” of the thing that gets most of us through the day so we can send them our money that is actually earned through an honest days work. Gotta love the corporate ran world we live in.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Stopthrobospons. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening.

Would you mind sharing more details about your experience?

Could you provide a couple of examples of the songs you're noticing this with? It's helpful to know:

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the track(s).
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know. Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Stopthrobospons
Underground
It’s literally every song on every station for me.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Stopthrobospons. 👋

We're happy to look into this, however without the requested information, we won't be able to do so

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better investigate. The next time this happens please take note of the approximate time and date, along with the name of the station. We can take a closer look at what may be happening.

Also, please confirm whether you using your iOS device or your computer.

If you're using a computer, which browser are you using?

Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop app?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos