cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox: Two Songs Playing Simultaneously

BreeMoontide
Local Performer

I'm getting 2 songs playing at the same time too.

I am using Pandora in a pinned Firefox tab on Windows 10 Pro. It seems to happen often after I pause the station (often with my keyboard pause button) and then come back later after waking my computer from sleep.

The website play / pause mouse button at that point no longer works and my only fix is to hard refresh the page. I'm also using Shuffle Station - not sure if that's a factor.

If only I could still use Elpis (since the Pandora Desktop app doesn't register play/pause keyboard media keys at all)....

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @BreeMoontide. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Have you tried using a different web browser? If so, does the same issue occur? This will help us determine whether this is browser-related.

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to escalate this to our engineering team.

Would you mind running through these steps for Firefox while I have the trace enabled? You can find them here: Firefox Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

BreeMoontide
Local Performer

I'm not wiping my Firefox Cookies, Cache, or History for your sake, but I did the rest and with no obvious change.

I am using a single tab of Chrome for Pandora now. Songs no longer play simultaneously, but at the same rate, the media play/pause key will just stop working - until I reboot Chrome. So this is all probably different browser implementations of the media key and the incompatibilities therein.

I'd love to just use a PC app actually built for Pandora (I was very happy with Elpis for years - functioning media keys and song preview popups), OR you could put some work into the official Pandora desktop app and fix the media keys....

0 Kudos

BreeMoontide
Local Performer

Trying out your official desktop app again. It seems like the media keys now work when the app is minimized.  So here's hoping its otherwise stable so I can just listen to my music!

0 Kudos