cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info

GiCU2
Local Performer

I haven't been able to login for a few days now. I know that I'm using the correct username and password. I even tried changing my password and it still won't let me login. I thought that maybe my account had been deleted so I clicked the 'Sign Up' button. It just said that there is already an account with that username, i.e. it confirmed that my account has not been deleted. I also tried multiple browsers and disabled extensions. No luck. Please help.

Labels (2)
159 Replies

fx5r2slv
Local Performer

I was experiencing the same issue with the desktop app on Windows 10.

login failed with correct credentials that were "copied" into the Pandora app. I checked for extra spaces but there were none.

When I manually typed them in, login worked as expected.

Not sure if the rest of you copy/paste your credentials but you may want to try manual entry.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the helpful tip, @fx5r2slv. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jlm013
Local Performer

For web-browser clients, definitely try clearing your browser cache first as that's worked for a number of people to resolve the invalid password issue.

MW8808
Local Performer

I have had the same issue.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MW8808. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. A member from our User Support team will be in touch shortly via email to help with your account. Please keep an eye out for their message. If you don't see it soon, check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

callipygian
Local Performer

I've been encountering this same problem, starting in 2020. I get a "wrong password" response after typing or pasting in my known good credentials. Happens in Safari, only fixed by clearing all my browser history, which clears all cache and resets cookies.

I listen to Pandora more-or-less daily and this problem recurs every 2-3 weeks. I've seen the same symptoms when logging into my account on 3 different Macs, running 10.12, 10.13 High Sierra, and 10.15 Catalina.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @callipygian. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience with this. I've created an email support ticket for you with our team so that they can gather a few more details. If you don't receive the email soon, please check your spam / junk folder. 📬

0 Kudos

runrunrunrunrun
Local Performer

i am having the same problem i cannot make a new account and listen to music and i can not log in to my other accounts with the correct passwords and i do not have access to email currently so i cannot get support please tell me how to fix this in a reply

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @runrunrunrunrun. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. I will private message you to gather more details about your experience.

Please keep an eye out for my message soon. 📬

0 Kudos

PMMi11er
Local Performer

Since last week, I'm having a similar problem on Windows.  I can sign in via any browsers, but if I use the Pandora app I get "Incorrect Email or Password".  I'm copy/pasting from notepad so I know the login is correct.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @PMMi11er. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing Desktop thread: Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info

Based on your message, it sounds like you're unable to sign in on the Pandora Desktop App for Windows but you can access your account using a browser.

I do see that you contacted our team via email recently. They have responded to your message to gather more information. If you don't see their reply yet, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

nsegelstein
Underground
I called Apple support and they had me delete the Pandora App on my iPhone,
and then re-install it and that fixed the issue!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nsegelstein Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

moreganno
Local Performer

I am having the same issue for over a week now. Cannot login on an account I've used for more than 10 years. Have tried changing password, even then it tells me it is incorrect. Cannot seem to create a new account either. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @moreganno. 👋

Someone from our team has reached out to you via email to gather more info about what is happening. If you don't see the message yet, please check your spam / junk folder.

Thanks so much for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

jmg3
Local Performer

Well, at least I'm not alone...it seems this problem has been going on a for long time. Same problem: log in via web browser is fine, but today I was prompted to log in to the desktop app (after an update to Big Sur), and my correct log in information no longer works on the desktop app. Like others, I reset my password, but that didn't work.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jmg3. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue as well. I understand how frustrating this can be. I've opened a support ticket with our team for you. Someone will be reaching out to you via email to gather more details. Please keep a look out for their message soon. 📬

0 Kudos

luwannadavidson
Local Performer

I am able to sign into my account on other devices but will not let me sign into my work computer. it says 'incorrect email or password' when i know its right because i can sign in on other devices. Any help would be appreciated. this issue has been going on for about 3 days.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @luwannadavidson. 👋

Looks like you've been in touch with a member of our User Support team via email. Someone has responded to your message to follow up. If you don't see their email, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

yguhyghgh
Local Performer

Hi,

Every time I try to sign in, I get a message that says it's the wrong account/password. Do you know how to fix this? 

0 Kudos