cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a desktop program that runs on windows 7?

wilderpa
Underground

On old computer had a desktop program to run Pandora.  Now have newer (but still old) computer that is running Windows 7 and would like to put the program on it but can't find it.  All articles I find only reference an app that runs on Windows 8 or 10, nothing earlier.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wilderpa.

We don't currently offer a desktop program for Windows 7.

A new desktop application was released last month, and you can find out more info about it here

Please keep in mind, the new Pandora desktop app for Windows requires a minimum of Windows 10.

++

Windows 10 is a free upgrade for any Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 user, depending on hardware compatibility. You can find more information on how to update your OS here.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

wilderpa
Underground

Forgot to add - when I use Google to search about this, I find sites offering a download for Windows 7 but none of the sites are Pandora, so I am nervous to try the downloads.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wilderpa.

We don't currently offer a desktop program for Windows 7.

A new desktop application was released last month, and you can find out more info about it here

Please keep in mind, the new Pandora desktop app for Windows requires a minimum of Windows 10.

++

Windows 10 is a free upgrade for any Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 user, depending on hardware compatibility. You can find more information on how to update your OS here.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

wilderpa
Underground

Thanks, but I do not want Windows 10.  So my question still remains - is there a desktop app available from a reputable site that will run Pandora on a Windows 7 computer?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply! @wilderpa 

We do not offer a desktop program for Windows 7..

You can find the minimum and recommended requirements for Pandora when downloading the app from the Microsoft Store here.

++

If you'd like to listen to Pandora from your Windows 7 computer, you'll need to use a web browser to stream instead.

We do not support the use of any third party desktop apps from any other websites.

The desktop application for Mac and Windows computers can only be found here.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

jasonwpegg
Underground

DISCLAIMER: I am a regular user and not employed by or affiliated with Pandora.  I am just another user, trying to help wherever I can.  🙂

I faced a similar issue with a company-provided device where I was limited in what I could install (hint: it didn't include Pandora).  So instead, I set Pandora as the home page for one of the browsers I wasn't regularly using (in my case this was Edge, but you could use Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.).  So now when I want to listen to Pandora, I simply start the Edge browser and I'm golden.  I don't use Edge for anything but Pandora, and I continue doing all my regular browsing in my default browser (Chrome).  It gives me the feel of a dedicated app without having access to the actual Pandora app.

I realize this is not a perfect solution, but I thought I'd share my workaround just in case it works for you as well.  Good luck!

Ryan1
Underground

There was an Adobe Air based program on Windows 7.  I'm looking for that as well with my Windows 10 machine.  Microsoft store is not an option due to their "privacy" issues.

0 Kudos

Ryan1
Underground

Wilder, did a duckduckgo search for Pandora Air and found the old download on Archive.org, it's an archive of the Pandora site.

0 Kudos

Ryan1
Underground

A stand-alone Windows program would be much prefered.  Many do not like Windows 10 due to it's intrusiveness and giant leap backwards in user privacy.  Same with the Windows store.  People, like me, don't have a Microsoft account.  We stayed off the internet when turning on our devices to avoid having to create one.

Please release a windows program that is not tied to the "app" store.  Thanks!

pyungfleisch
Local Performer

OMG thank  you. I've had this app for about 10 years now and just did a windows reinstall without knowing that they've essentially discontinued it. The official Win10 version may have more features, but I love the compact size and look of this one WAY better.

Hep
Local Performer

Just tried this, they took it down .Pandora, you SUCK for not releasing a clean lite Pandora desktop app for Win 7 Pro users. There are many of us

palmshotel
Local Performer

Pandora desktop app stopped working.  I uninstalled it hoping to reinstall it and now I see it no longer supports windows 7.  Is there a Pandora desktop app available for Windows 7?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @palmshotel. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

I moved your post over to this thread as it relates to your original question.

Feel free to check out my post regarding the Pandora App on Windows 7 devices here.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎼

0 Kudos

rcmd46
Local Performer

I have windwows 7 and it always worked before - a week ago

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rcmd46. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

++

Desktop App:

I would also recommend checking out my post regarding an option for Windows 7 and 8 users here.

If you're interested, you can find the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.

• Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.
  • Please note: At minimum, you'll need Windows 10 to use this app, but we recommend updating your system to the latest Windows version available to you. You can find more information on how to do this here.

Let me know how you're listening, and I can help.

0 Kudos

don2737
Underground

I still use ELPIS without problems, desktop boots straight to it and it plays, using it on a Win 7, and another Win10 machine.  Google for ELPIS PANDORA.  I'll put a link here if it is allowed:

https://github.com/adammhaile/Elpis/releases

0 Kudos

rhettorical
Underground

Windows 10 isn't free anymore. Really disappointed there's no longer a desktop app. Windows Store doesn't count, that's not a desktop app.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rhettorical. 👋

Thanks for your feedback about this.

We do have a few existing feature requests that you may be interested in here: 

To upvote any suggestions / requests, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the existing request.

You can find out more about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Thanks for posting on the Pandora Community! 🎧

0 Kudos

Drax99
Local Performer

There is one out there designed for Windows Vista, that runs as a Desktop Gadget. Its wonderful, but unsupported because it is Ad Free, Ut does require you to poke it once an hour or it stops playing.

Bad news though, it runs off Flash. I finally got tired of the uninstall notices popping up and removed flash player last night, and today my Pandora Gadget stopped working, telling me it needs Flash. I still cant find any way to reinstall it.

0 Kudos