cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcuts: No Skip Control

ghultstrand
Underground

I can no longer skip songs via the keyboard or by the windows GUI. Is there a fix?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ghultstrand. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. You should be able to use the following keyboard shortcuts to control playback on the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

• Play/ Pause: Space
  • Skip Forward: Ctrl→
  • Skip Backward: Ctrl←
  • Shuffle: Ctrl S
  • Repeat: Ctrl G
  • Thumb Up: ⇧Ctrl↑
  • Thumb Down: ⇧Ctrl↓

If you have media keys on your PC, you may also have the ability to use those.

Please note that certain options may be greyed out if you are playing a source that does not support that command (e.g., you will not be able to Thumb on most playlists).

++

If you continue to have trouble with this, feel free to try out the standard troubleshooting steps for the Pandora Desktop app here.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ghultstrand
Underground

This is what I am seeing, no options to skip. My keyboard has the media keys built-in and they work fine on YouTube Music and Spotify, but not Pandora.

Please note, I have tried Edge and Firefox on three separate machines.

GUI No Skip Option.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ghultstrand Based on your screenshot, it looks like you're using a web browser, not the Pandora Desktop app. Unfortunately, we don't support media keys for the web browser. You would need to use the shortcuts instead.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ghultstrand
Underground

That's awful, but... okay. Just need to figure out now if that is a breaking point for the subscription. 

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos

GoofySGB
Local Performer

I have the app open the CRTL up and down arrow doesn't work for thumb up and down on Windows 11. 

0 Kudos