cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long delays between songs on Edge & Chrome

MusicFan0072
Local Performer

I am having the same issue when listening on my PC.  No issues when listening on mobile. There is a 6-12 second delay when starting the first song and about 12+ second delay between songs when I skip to the next song.

What I am trying to play: custom play list

On what: Windows 10 PC with 8GB RAM

Browser: Chrome (12 second delay) and Microsoft Edge (same delay)

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MusicFan0072. 👋

Sorry for the delay in our response over the holidays. 

Does this happen with every single track? Or just certain tracks?

If you're still having trouble with the delay in between songs on your web browsers, I would recommend trying out the following:

Let me know if this helps! 🖥

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MusicFan0072. 👋

Sorry for the delay in our response over the holidays. 

Does this happen with every single track? Or just certain tracks?

If you're still having trouble with the delay in between songs on your web browsers, I would recommend trying out the following:

Let me know if this helps! 🖥

0 Kudos

southsoon1
Underground

I too am having this problem.  When I use my Android tablet through my Squeezebox.  I use four of the Squeezebox Duet.  It has led to my thumbs downing many tracks because if I thumbs down toward the end of the track it carries over into the next track when it begins to play.  This is horrible.  Something has changed as I have used this system for many years without a problem.  It came about around two months ago.  I also get a longer delay than usual on a PC when trying to listen or thumbs down, about 5 seconds.  However, a skips work almost instantaneously as they should on all systems.  I am getting ready to find another service.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @southsoon1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with long delays in between songs. I completely understand how frustrating this must be. 

Squeezebox Devices:

Unfortunately, your Squeezebox device is no longer supported by Pandora, so we cannot provide any specific activation or troubleshooting steps for your device. However, it may still be possible to activate Pandora and listen on your device using some standard steps.

You can try the following steps to activate your device if you haven't already:

1. Launch the application
  2. Select New User.
  3. An activation page will appear with a code (do not turn off the device or navigate away from this screen)
  4. Go to a computer, visit www.pandora.com/ [brand of device, e.g., "samsung"] and enter the activation code
  5. Select Continue on the device.

If your device has already been activated but isn't working, first, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem:

• Try connecting directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

If you continue to have trouble after trying these approaches, I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for more help.

++

Pandora on your PC:

• Are you using the Pandora Desktop app for Windows 10? 
  • Or are you using a web browser?
  • If so, which browser are you using?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

southsoon1
Underground

Thank you for the reply.  It is strange that this problem happened suddenly.  Again, I have been using the squeezeboxes for many years.  The PC's that I use are running Pandora on a browser and I can't really complain about the response time.  It is acceptable.  The squeezeboxes are all integrated into my home automation system so I have to find a fix.  It is a very complex system and will cost huge money to replace.  I just hope there is no finger pointing going on because Pandora and Logitech no longer work together.   I will let you know what my findings are in case someone else has this problem.  Chris.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @southsoon1. 👍 Any updates you have will be helpful, especially to other listeners who may have a similar set up. 

Feel free to post any updates on this thread. Thanks so much for posting on the community! 

0 Kudos