cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Desktop App Emojis and Symbols Menu Unwanted

ssif21
Local Performer

For some reason the Pandora desktop app on my Mac now pops open the emojis and symbols screen any times I type the small letter "e" in the search box. If I use a capital "E" it works. I notice that in the app's "edit" pull down menu under emojis and symbols it says, "fn E." For starters, I can't for the life of me figure out why the app designers even put that in, but beyond that does anyone know how to change it so that I can use a small "e?" Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ssif21. 👋

I'm noticing that all apps on MAC have an Edit > Emojis & Symbols section. This sounds like a keyboard setting that automatically launches emojis when you click on a certain letter. I would recommend going to your System Preferences > Keyboard to see if you need to adjust those settings. 

There's also a thread on the Apple Support forum that mentions a similar issue with the lower case "e" and "d" that you can find here.

If the issue persists, you may need to reach out to Apple Support for additional help with your keyboard settings. You can reach them using this link.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos