cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Cutting Out on Desktop App

sdan
Local Performer

my music is cutting out on desktop running Windows 10 - my response location. I signed up for basic Pandora hoping that would help, but it is still a problem, so I am not receiving this free and cannot enjoy it.

Moderator Edit: Removed personal info

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ViperD21
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I am using Windows 10. It is happening on Firefox, Chrome and even the windows store app. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sdan. 👋

Sorry that you're having trouble listening to Pandora from your desktop app. I moved your post over to the Desktop section of the community.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. 

• First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).
  • Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

++

Feel free to keep me upgraded on your progress by responding directly on this thread.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ViperD21 thanks for posting to community!

I moved your post to an existing thread currently in our Desktop board: Music Cutting Out on Desktop App because it sounds very similar to the problem you're having. 

Is this occurring only on your computer or on multiple device, like your phone?

Since you mentioned this is happening on your desktop app as well as multiple web browsers, I'd like to try some network troubleshooting.

If it's not already, please try connecting your computer directly via an Ethernet cable to see if that helps.

Let's also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check another streaming service, such as YouTube, to see if there are any similar issues?

Thanks for the help. Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos