cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music plays without being prompted at random times

Brenner
Local Performer

The same happens to me but when I have Pandora open in a chrome browser on my PC. Really great when it randomly unpauses after several hours at 4am while I’m asleep and I have to get up and goto the other room and close the browser. 

Labels (2)
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brenner I moved your post to the Desktop space since it sounds like this only happens to you on your PC.

To clarify, does Pandora randomly re-open in a new tab on your browser when this happens?

Or is the issue that you already have a tab for Pandora open with the music paused, and it randomly unpauses to play music again at night?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, running through the General Troubleshooting for Chrome may help prevent this from happening again as well.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Brenner
Local Performer

I already have a tab open with Pandora in a paused state and then it unpauses. Thinking about it this may not be a Pandora issue and is more likely Windows or Chrome updating itself and then reloading the Chrome tab after the update. Reloading the tab would cause it to unpause.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Brenner.

Another option is to try the Pandora Desktop App for Windows. This will allow your browser and desktop app to act independently of one another.

I would still recommend trying out the steps from @AdamPandora's message as this may help with what you're experiencing. You can also try an alternate browser to see if the same issue occurs .

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos