cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: No Sound On Computer

Thanks for getting back to me @e_stout11.

I've enabled a trace on your account and I'd like to start with some standard troubleshooting to begin with.

Try these steps: 

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Let me now how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Highlighted

Chart Topper

TannerPandora good day to you. I just wanted to give you some in-put about my problems that I have experienced, and what has happened when they occur. As far as not having sound, as well as the songs skipping. This has happened to me twice. Each time it has happened my Windows 10 was going through up dates. The other problem I was having, my songs would not automatically play when I had them set to shuffle. This has occurred many a times. However, each time it was happening I was using other apps at the same time, such as my weather app, game apps, multiple web sites doing search. When I just had my Pandora music app opened, just listening to my music, there were no play-back issues what-so-ever. Especially since I got rid of Google Chrome. I am now using Microsoft Edge (The Up-dated version). Thank you for your time TannerPandora. Have a great week and stay safe.  

mohempstead
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@mohempstead It sounds like switching over to Microsoft Edge resolved the skipping/volume issues you were running into.

That being said, if this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know - you know we're always here for you. 😉

Adam | Community Moderator

Highlighted

Chart Topper

AdamPandora good day to you. And yes Adam, I do know that you, Erick, Tanner as well as Alyssa are always there to help. I see how much you four are posting in the support section. Adam I have been to IT Computer Tech school. I have certificates that I have earned through my studies. I pretty much do all of my own computer fixes. However, I will reach out to you, as well as Tanner, Alyssa, as well as Erick if I have problems that I cannot solve on my own. I have also tried to be of some help to others in the support section. I try not to interfere with you or the others in your work. I do like how much you four are so helpful, kind, courteous, as well as patient with ALL who are in need. Take care Adam and have a great week. Be safe.  

mohempstead
Highlighted

@mohempstead We always appreciate your presence and willingness to share your knowledge with other folks - that's what this Community is all about! 

Take care as well, and have a great rest of the week. 😁

Adam | Community Moderator

Highlighted

Re: Sound loss every other song

Underground

Ii am also having trouble with sound going out suddenly on Premium subscription.

P.S. This muting is happening on my iMac 27 "device"

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Sound loss every other song

Hi @lark,

Thanks for posting. Since this happening on your computer, I moved your message over to an existing post in our Desktop Board: No Sound On Computer

Is this happening on a web browser or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

I'd also recommend trying a few steps from @AlyssaPandora accepted solution here

Let me know how it goes. 

Highlighted

Re: No Sound When Listening from Computer

Local Performer

I tried everything I could think of then read #4 and checked my phone. Pandora was on (in bluetooth) and I didn't realize it .

Thanks, THANKS! to @Swingdancer42. You made a very positive difference in my somewhat stressful day.

I much prefer George Winstone to Xanax.

:)M

Highlighted

Re: No Sound When Listening from Computer

Hey, @MRP2020. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know. Sounds like you're all set now.

Also, many kudos to @Swingdancer42 for helping out. 👍

Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up. Hope to see you both around the community more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Highlighted

Re: IIt's Hard without Pandora

Local Performer

my pandora won't play on my computer. I use chrome and have sound on all other sites. The record turns as if to play but I have no sound at all. this has been happening for sometime now

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: IIt's Hard without Pandora

Hi @Grannyannie! Thanks for posting to community. 🎃

I moved your message over to an existing thread that sounds similar to your message: No Sound When Listening from Computer

Would you mind trying the steps in @AlyssaPandora accepted solution here

Let us know if you're still having trouble. 👍🏻

0 Kudos
Highlighted

wont play on windows laptop which plays other sites fine

Local Performer

I can play pandora on my desktop. I used to be able to play it on my windows laptop, but suddenly it will not play, or sound will not come out. Speakers work fine on other sites (including Amazon Music) but not on Pandora. Last week Pandora was fine....I have speaker icon at lower right turned to 98%, but nothing. And now, when I press the triangular play icon, it does not turn to the double bar pause icon, suggesting that it is not playing. Do not understand.....do I need to delete and reload Pandora? It works fine on desktop, but I need the portability of my laptop, especially when paying for "Premium" service.

0 Kudos