cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora keeps starting the wrong playlist

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

Using the most recent version of Firefox on Windows 10, if that means anything. I have one radio station I listened to for a couple hours about two weeks ago. I've switched to others since then, but Pandora upon starting at the beginning of the day keeps defaulting to this station, and often starting the exact same song on it every time, too. Last week, I clicked through several stations to push this one off my "recently played" station list in my Now Playing window. This morning, it was back up at the top, auto-playing the same song AGAIN. It shoved one of my other stations out of my recently played to do this. Is this a known issue, and is there solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @caldella. 👋

Are you using a bookmark to launch Pandora on Firefox?

If so, you may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora.

I hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

I am not. I always hand-type the www.pandora.com URL in my top bar and sign in from there. It once again did the same thing to me this morning, though it did not play the one song that most frequently comes up.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@caldella Thanks so much for getting back to me with that info. To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

++

If you prefer Firefox as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:

• Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
  • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
  • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
  • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
  • Click Clear now.
  • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.

2. Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:

• Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
  • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
  • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
  • Click Manage Permissions...
  • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.

3. Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

Thanks for the reply. I cannot use Chrome because it eats up too much RAM that I need for other programs while I'm working. I have had this issue both with cookies and after clearing my cache/cookies, so that has not solved the issue.

I went ahead and added permissions for cookies from Pandora, and closing Firefox/logging back into Pandora did not pull up that overriding station, but this override also sometimes takes 12-24 hours to show up again. So we'll see if it's still solved tomorrow.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @caldella

Feel free to keep me updated on what happens by posting on this thread. 👍

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

Update - this unfortunately did not solve the problem. The incorrect playlist was up at the top again this morning.

I also did not address rebooting my computer from the previous message - this issue has been happening for a couple weeks across multiple reboots, and in fact it started up while using my previous computer. I was on Windows 7 as of 2 weeks ago, and changing to a completely different computer and Windows 10 has not made a difference.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@caldella Appreciate the update.

I've gone ahead and sent over a diagnostic test link for you to try via email. This will be helpful when I report your issue over to engineering.

If you don't see my email 📬 soon, please check your spam / junk folder. 

Thanks for sticking with me on this! 👍

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

I just replied to it, thank you. I have noticed though, that this issue is happening across multiple IP addresses/computers/locations, so I don't know if the data for one specific computer will really have a solution. I am using Firefox on and Windows 10 on all of them. But otherwise, the information might be different from computer to computer.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @caldella. I've shared all of the information you've provided (including the diagnostic) with our engineering team.

In the meantime, another option is to try the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10 if you're able to. If you're interested in this option, you can find out more information about it here.

Appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

Should I expect a reply to take a couple weeks? Just curious since I haven't heard back. I tried earlier to access my Pandora through Chrome to change the station that way, but it looks like it's still reverting back. Unfortunately I can't download desktop apps on all the places I access, since some are work devices. Thanks for all the attempts at help so far. 🙂

If this keeps up, I might just end up deleting the station and trying to create it anew to see if that solves the issue. That would be a pain in the neck, but it's one of my 'louder' stations and not my typical fare. It's really jarring to start the workday expecting quiet background music and getting blasted with electric guitar instead.

Side note _ I had Pandora open unusually late last night, and the station order is correct this morning. That reinforces an earlier experience I had - The issue seems to arise only when I go about 12 hours+ without being logged in.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@caldella At this time, I don't have an update or an ETA for this issue. Rest assured, I have shared this with our engineering team.

I will also be sharing your recent update on the ticket we have open for web issues.

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this!