cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora won't play anything!

tcamuso
Underground

All it does is cycle through my song list without playing anything. It shows a song, and then within seconds, without playing a note, it shows the next song. It does this a few times until a message box is presented saying, "Refresh or Help". What gives? I'm getting this on Brave, Firefox, and Edge, so it doesn't seem to matter what the browser technology is.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

tcamuso
Underground

I found the problem, though I don't think it should be a problem.

I have a Line-6 Helix connected to my desktop via USB.

If the audio output is set to the Helix when I start Pandora, I have the problem described in the top post.

If I simply set the audio output to the desktop's sound device, Pandora will work normally. Then I can switch the audio output to the Line-6 Helix, and Pandora will continue to work normally. Pandora can't start properly when the audio output is set to Line-6 Helix over the USB.

I suspect that Pandora has a problem with USB-connected audio devices.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tcamuso. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening!

I moved your post over to the Desktop board to keep the community organized.

Minimum Specifications for Browsers:

Unfortunately, Pandora isn't supported on Brave. At minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Internet Explorer 11
  • Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

++

Browser Troubleshooting:

• For your Microsoft Edge browser, please try out these steps to see if this rectifies the issue you're experiencing.
  • If you prefer Google Chrome as your browser of choice, please try out these steps.

Feel free to keep me updated by posting directly on this thread. 🖥

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

tcamuso
Underground

I found the problem, though I don't think it should be a problem.

I have a Line-6 Helix connected to my desktop via USB.

If the audio output is set to the Helix when I start Pandora, I have the problem described in the top post.

If I simply set the audio output to the desktop's sound device, Pandora will work normally. Then I can switch the audio output to the Line-6 Helix, and Pandora will continue to work normally. Pandora can't start properly when the audio output is set to Line-6 Helix over the USB.

I suspect that Pandora has a problem with USB-connected audio devices.