Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 04/22/2021: Unable to Shuffle

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 04/22/2021: Hi everyone! 👋

Thank you for reporting this issue with the Shuffle feature. We have shared your feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket so they can investigate. They are now aware of this and they're working on it. In the meantime, please keep an eye on this thread as this is where will be providing updates on the status of the fix for this. 🎧

_______________________________________________________________________________________

04/23/2021 Pandora Update: Hi everyone! 👋We believe the error when attempting to shuffle music on our website has been resolved. If you're still having trouble, please try out the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser / Pandora Desktop app. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let us know if you continue to experience this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
86 Replies

jamiealas
Local Performer

This started happening yesterday, 4/21/21.  A bit annoying.  Hopefully it gets figured out soon

0 Kudos

markalanrussell
Local Performer

your "solution" is **ahem**

0 Kudos

airbornedave
Local Performer

I cannot shuffle between stations.  I tried to remove shuffle selections and added a new station.  No joy.  If I want a different station, I can specifically select it, but regardless of shuffle identification it stays put.....  

0 Kudos

rwynne1
Underground

Any status report on the fix???? 

0 Kudos

glovereric
Local Performer

same error, but on my mac... (Firefox)

0 Kudos

ctisely9
Local Performer

I am also having this problem.  Listening currently on an HP desktop in Edge browser.  Shuffle has never been disabled previously.  I get the same error message everyone is getting.  I can retrieve individual stations, and the shuffle icon looks activated when I click on, but the error message appears and the shuffle does not engage.

0 Kudos

jdhaynesdc
Local Performer

same issue....still no shuffle.  

0 Kudos

howardsmarket
Local Performer

I don't understand WHY this is a CONSTANT ISSUE! This is NOT THE FIRST TIME the Shuffle option stops working on Pandora. We are a business and need our stations to run properly. Pandora has been around for DECADES! So, why can't they seem to get this right?!? You've been doing it long enough, Pandora.

I mean... C'MON MAN!!!

- Sorry for the venting session, just tired of companies & programs that have been around forever and STILL CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT RIGHT... not even the simplest things (like music shuffle).

alejandra
Underground

Good to know that is not my computer or my app. I am not the only one suffering from the No Shuffle. I've been trying everything: logout, reset, restart, nothing seems to work. Hope engineers solve the problem soon.

0 Kudos

Vader77
Underground

Thank "Baby Jesus" I'm not the only one.  

Pandora 4 Life!!!!

Select your "Thumbprint" station, it's just like "shuffle" ☺

mod edit: format

Pete_S
Local Performer

Don't know if this will help, but: I cannot currently shuffle on my PC - but when I run Pandora on my iPhone, I can shuffle without any issues. Huh?

jamiealas
Local Performer

Yes same for me, but would prefer to use desktop to save phone battery.

0 Kudos

mcammilletti
Underground

Any news on when this issue will be fixed.

0 Kudos

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

Me too! And the weird thing is the shuffle works on my phone but not my laptop. Same account???

0 Kudos

Bikerrick50
Local Performer

Shuffle feature still not working hours after you said it was fixed. I'll check it for a few more days and if it's still not fixed I'll delete. 

0 Kudos

cutie426
Local Performer

same here, now i can't even turn off the shuffle and just play one station

0 Kudos

tony10881
Local Performer

Do you think that CAPS and BOLD does anything productive?

Technology changes all the time. We don't know the underlying issues that they are dealing with.

The best thing we as users can do is provide them with data from as many different configurations as possible so that they can find the common issue and fix it.

It's not like the workers woke up 2-3 days ago and just blindly pushed buttons to see what would happen.

Throw on your "thumbs up" playlist, shuffle that (yes this does work) and you'll survive I promise.

clhoneycutt83
Local Performer

Windows 10 / Chrome and Firefox. Incognito or logged in. I updated my browser, same issue.

It gives me an api error in the console, part of which points to redux. I saved the log to file if it would help you resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos

mcammilletti
Underground

Thumbprint Radio is not working as well. It states I have 4,352 thumbs across all my stations but on the bottom states no thumb ups or downs and wont start the station.  This is driving me crazy....I need my music man.

0 Kudos

MJGutz13
Local Performer

As of 4/22/21 12:40pm PST, the shuffle is still not working. I wanted to give feedback to my experience cos the header of this topic says "Solved"- and it is not.

Thanks and I'll continue to wait.

0 Kudos