cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Desktop: Persistent Buffering (06/01/22)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/08/22): We believe this issue may now be resolved.

Could you try again, and let me know if you're having trouble with the buffering? 

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (06/07/22):  Hi everyone! 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience and browser information. We have an internal ticket opened with our engineering team. They are aware of this issue and currently working on it. 

While I understand how frustrating this can be, rest assured all of your reports have been shared with them. We appreciate your patience and each of you taking the time to report. Once I have an update, I will be sure to post on this thread. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (5)
0 Kudos
55 Replies

sbell
Local Performer

For about two weeks we have been experiencing our Pandora "Buffering".  We are on a wifi connection and all other programs are running without issue.  I have tried changing to three different laptops, Used Edge as well as Chrome.  All are getting the same result.

Is Pandora experiencing issues and when should this be resolved?

Thanks, Steve

kathy33904
Local Performer

This is happening to me to on my laptop.  Doesn't matter if I use Chrome or Edge - same problem.  However, I can use Pandora on my Android phone with no problems at all.  What gives???

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/07/22):  Hi everyone! 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience and browser information. We have an internal ticket opened with our engineering team. They are aware of this issue and currently working on it. 

While I understand how frustrating this can be, rest assured all of your reports have been shared with them. We appreciate your patience and each of you taking the time to report. Once I have an update, I will be sure to post on this thread. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ESPT
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem as the others. A radio station is selected, but afterwards nothing plays. 

More details:
1. This is occurring on a PC, and the problem has been observed in multiple browsers (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc.)
2. There is no error message listed when the problem occurs. All it says on the bottom of the radio player is "BUFFERING".

3. So far I've tried restarting our internet, restarting our computer, updating our web browsers, clearing out the cache, and temporarily disabling our antivirus but nothing has worked. (We don't use any Adblocking software either)

4. Problem with Pandora.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ESPT. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing the screenshot and for reporting your experience. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Persistent Buffering on App + Web

Sorry for the continued trouble with this issue. Please check out my update about this issue here.

0 Kudos

danielkwinton
Underground

I am listening from my desk top, windows.  When I listen at home using my iphone and the Pandora app, everything works fine.  On my desk top, there is no other error message other than buffering. 

0 Kudos

joelang51
Local Performer
I'm listening on your website using microsoft edge as my browser on windows eleven. I'm sorry but I don't know how to send a screen shot.
0 Kudos

dcwjrcfsp
Underground

Hi Alyssa.  Everything is working fine today!  Thank you for your efforts. 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/08/22): We believe this issue may now be resolved.

Could you try again, and let me know if you're having trouble with the buffering? 

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for confirming, @dcwjrcfsp. Glad to hear you're back to listening without any issues. 👍

0 Kudos

bhames60
Underground

Thank you and your team for fixing Pandora!!! It's been working all day so far.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for confirming, @bhames60. Happy to hear that it's working for you again. 🙌

0 Kudos

Jel398
Underground

Hello @AlyssaPandora, I've been away from my computer for a few days, so this is my first opportunity to test the fix on the buffering issue. It's working! Thank you! Very glad to be able to listen again.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! So glad to hear that, @Jel398. I appreciate you taking the time to confirm. 

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

Ahritter
Underground

Seems to be working again! Thanks for the update! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @Ahritter.

Thank you for confirming and happy listening! 🎵

0 Kudos